Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi-Vis Line???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi-Vis Line???

I have did a search and read about all there is to read on fishing line, but I still have one question..Are you guys using the Hi-Vis line all the way down to your jig or minnow or are to tying on a clear leader to the end of the Hi-VIs..I guess its the bass fisherman in me, but it seems to me that Hi-Vis line would spook the crappie.. I guess if you guys say it doesn't spook them, I'm gonna try the Wally Marshall Hi-Vis...Thanks for the help...Chris

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If you have a seeing problem like me, several of us have found the the Sufix Hi Vis Yellow is the easiest to see. Does it spook crappie? Well we have a member that uses the Sufix line and routinely catches 150-200 fish a day casting just a jig. You be the judge. BTW, I've fished with him a couple of times so I know this for a fact.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Garry Mason, a guide on Kentucky Lake, swears that the hi-vis chartreuse line actually attracts crappie. The late, great Charlie Brewer (inventor of the slider) also used gold line even in the clearest of waters.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the same thing, but use nothing but Mr Crappie hi vis, I can see it at night, to tie knots, and watch it move in the water.

I have a bunch of line sitting in the garage that I'll probably never use. Cause I've tried alot of it..LOL

Good luck

My success in life is measured by the number of
    hunting and fishing stories that my kids can share with others

Post Thanks / Like

To answer your Question, Yes tie it all the way to the hook or jig,Although I don't use it(good eye site):D,I fish with some that does,& they can catch as much or more than I do,But please don't tell them that:D.

Post Thanks / Like

I tie direct to my hook or jig with the Hi Vis,I have tried using a clear leader and found it made no positive difference in my catch rate.

Post Thanks / Like

once again...I used to think I was gonna fool the crappie. You don't have to. Help your eyesight. I used to use Floro as I wanted it to DISAPPEAR. The only thing that disappeared was extra $$$ for nothing . I use High Vis yellow all the way to the hook. I used to be a clear mono guy as I was gonna HIDE it from the fish. THEY DON'T GIVE A RATS BUTT IF THE LINE IS BLACK, see spider wire, they gonna eat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN View Post
    If you have a seeing problem like me, several of us have found the the Sufix Hi Vis Yellow is the easiest to see. Does it spook crappie? Well we have a member that uses the Sufix line and routinely catches 150-200 fish a day casting just a jig. You be the judge. BTW, I've fished with him a couple of times so I know this for a fact.
    Who is that your fishing with who does all the casting with the high vis? Do you get your line from Bubba Jacks or do you have another source for sufix lines besides siege and elite?

For those who are interested in the sufix line. The specific line hes referring to is Sufix superior Hi Vis Yellow copolymer line. Its amazing they can sell such large spools of such excellent line for so little money. $7.35 for 2000+ yards.

http://www.bubbajackstackle.com/Sufi...shing_Line.htm

BTW Sufix is one of the worlds largest manufacturers of fishing line if not the largest and I wouldn't be at all surprised if they were making Wally's, BPS's, or Cabelas branded lines. It would be interesting to find out who is making their lines.
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 03-01-2008 at 01:55 PM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRIZZ View Post
    Who is that your fishing with who does all the casting with the high vis? Do you get your line from Bubba Jacks or do you have another source for sufix lines besides siege and elite?

For those who are interested in the sufix line. The specific line hes referring to is Sufix superior Hi Vis Yellow copolymer line. Its amazing they can sell such large spools of such excellent line for so little money. $7.35 for 2000+ yards.

http://www.bubbajackstackle.com/Sufi...shing_Line.htm

BTW Sufix is the worlds largest manufacturer of fishing line and I wouldn't be at all surprised if they were making Wally's, BPS's, or Cabelas branded lines. It would be interesting to find out who is making their lines.
    I wish I could get it that cheap but thats not it. Its Sufix Elite http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...ufix&noImage=0

Hey Grizz, I just checked your link. They are the only ones I seen that carries the Elite in High Vis Yellow on 3000 ft spools. Thanks for the link.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Ahh sorry, I suggest you try the Superior then. Its a much better line than the elite in my opinion. I have always found the elite lines to be about on par with Trilene XL Lines. I'm open to correction though if you have found it to be better. Please let me know.
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 03-01-2008 at 01:59 PM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast