Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Night fishing is cheating

canepole24 Guest

Default Night fishing is cheating

let me rephrase this, the mature crappie numbers our down. This is a poor way to fish be honest with yourself. If you show kids how to do this, your showing them the easy way out. Crappie fishing during the daylight hours can be challenging but not a science. Take some time read books and mainly fish and learn your lakes so you don't have to rape our mature crappie. Maybe just 10 fish and nothing over 1lb for night guys. And for they guys who work at night try catfishing or moonlighting for bass. Any true crappie fisherman on here got my back on this

Post Thanks / Like

The Troll-a-thon continues.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by canepole24 View Post
    let me rephrase this, the mature crappie numbers our down. This is a poor way to fish be honest with yourself. If you show kids how to do this, your showing them the easy way out. Crappie fishing during the daylight hours can be challenging but not a science. Take some time read books and mainly fish and learn your lakes so you don't have to rape our mature crappie. Maybe just 10 fish and nothing over 1lb for night guys. And for they guys who work at night try catfishing or moonlighting for bass. Any true crappie fisherman on here got my back on this
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Don't think he's a "troll" ...

Quote Originally Posted by deathb4disco View Post
    The Troll-a-thon continues.
    he's just giving his "opinion". His opinion may be the opposite of most, but he's broken no site rules by expressing it. Debate his idea, or give an opposing view, or give accountable scientific evidence that he's wrong ... but don't just label him a "troll" because you don't agree with him. Remember our "agree to disagree" credo

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    but don't just label him a "troll" because you don't agree with him.
    I would never call someone a troll because I disagree with him. I called him a troll because, in my experience, anybody who starts out with threads like this IS a troll.

I could be wrong, though.
    Last edited by deathb4disco; 03-01-2008 at 12:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I like seeing folks concerned for the resource -
    but if a fellow really believes that, seems like it would be more
    effective to engage folks instead of insulting them.
    IF the idea is to change things for the better at least.
    Now if you just want to start a hoo-rah, you're doing an
    outstanding job:D

BTW, I say that from experience - I've lost my temper over the rod limit
    thing with folks before, and it don't get anywhere or solve anything.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that information, since I am have always caught crappie at night, or by accident during the day. After seeing your post, I went out yesterday and brought home 38 slabs. The most I have ever brought home at night is maybe a dozen..

Thanks for the tips

My success in life is measured by the number of
    hunting and fishing stories that my kids can share with others

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Fishing Music

cANE POLE 24 DID YOU CHECK OUT the Ray Stevens music on the last post.Gave you a couple of real good links,thought you might see somebody you knew in one of his videos!
    I PRACTICE CATCH & FRY---DONT EVERYBODY ? Thumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

This is a poor way to fish be honest with yourself. If you show kids how to do this, your showing them the easy way out. Crappie fishing during the daylight hours can be challenging but not a science.
    OK, everybody has their beliefs, and I'll be straight up with you and say I've really never had the desire to night fish for crappie on a lake with the lights and such. But, because of the strong feelings a person has about it, and looks at it as a way of cheating, begs me to ask if the difference in the success ratio between night fishing and day fishing is that outstanding? As long as I've been fishing, I've never noticed that there was a huge vulnerability amongst crappie, especially mature crappie, fishing for them at night. If all the people that fish a particular lake became as skilled and successful fishing at night as they are in the daytime, what would be the impact on the fish population (given all things are equal....the crowd was the same, fishing skills were the same.......except day vs. night)? This enquiring mind wants to know!!!

Am I going to buy lights, and the other equipment in order to "double" or "triple' my numbers?...........NO. But again, this is a subject I "glance" at on here every once in a while, and it's like ice fishing, I wouldn't care for it whatsoever, but if a fella has that much passion to fish for crappie by drilling holes through ice, he's got my utmost admiration. As well, I can almost say the same for a fella that fishes at night, more power to ya.......I have a hard enough time seeing in the the pretty sunshine
    Last edited by luvjign; 03-01-2008 at 03:26 PM.
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

Post Thanks / Like

I bought one of them fancy green lights with a white spot light on end,not real impressed with it.The good old camp lantern is the way to go in the lakes i night fish in and around central Louisiana.I believe in eating fish and hopefully before i take my last breath i will have just got through eaten a big ol mess of fried perch fillets with my Family.Tree hugging is for sissies.If you think night fishing is a way to catch a bunch of perch--dont complain about it---When it gets dark tonight get out there and catch you some and be sure to bring a child with yo-----good eaten ricky
    I PRACTICE CATCH & FRY---DONT EVERYBODY ? Thumbs Up

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast