Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Here's Laughing at You!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Here's Laughing at You!!

My fishing buddy and I would to up to Lake Kabetogama, Mn. which is near International falls, Canada on the USA boarder line. After many years of fishing the lake, we got to know the special places where the Northern like to hang out. I just put on a new lure at the time which was called a Rattle Trap in a fire tiger color. We where fishing very deep water, right along the edge of a steep cliff with near by weeds. The lake was choppy and waves where hitting the cliff. As luck would have it, I hooked into a rather big Northern (39" plus). After fighting him for a while, he took one big jump and broke my leader. In that split second, he was gone and so was my new Rattle Trap. After casting in the same spot for about 20 minutes and having no luck in trying to get him to bite again, we decided to continue fishing along the shore, chalking this one up to the one that got away.

At the end of the day and after about Five more hours of fishing, we decided to head back to where I caught the Northern earilier in the day. As we where casting along the shore line, we came across the same spot where I hooked the Northern. As you would guess, we or I started to talk about the ordeal again.

When all of a sudden, out of nowhere and within 2 feet of the boat, the same Northern jumped right out of the water doing a tail dance. We could almost touch him. With his mouth wide open, he would shake his head back and forth in ridicule. You could still see and hear the Rattle Trap as he tossed his head from side to side. Then with the Rattle Trap still hanging from his lower lip, he was done again! It was a site to see and a story to tell. Years later in tribute, we still go back to the spot to see if he would display the rattle trap again, It's now tradition.
    Last edited by tkcenterline; 03-03-2008 at 09:35 AM.
    Likes XMALLARDX LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

That is a good story.
    Take your kids hunting and fishing, and you won't be hunting your kids

Post Thanks / Like

love stories like that i have one that is often not believed and laughed at will post
    is that a bite...YEAH FISH DONT HAVE HANDS