Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alabama Trash

Post Thanks / Like

Default Alabama Trash

Time to start picking up your old fishing line,fuel tanks,worm boxes,beer bottles.Whats up with the trash? When I bank fish the first thing I and others have to do is pick up garbage that grown man an women throw down USUALY just start a pile and start a fire in burn all the trash.The fishing line is just terrible I bet I have gathered up a mile of fishing line or more.Sorry just had to vent my displeasure with some ALABAMA trash!I just wonder if these folks live like this it their home?

Post Thanks / Like

When I bank fish I just take a garbage bag now. I get sick of tripping on old fish line, looking at worm boxs, cans etc. We pick up trash where we fish around and I take it home to burn. It just amazes me how people can be such pigs.
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

It's not just Alabama---I see it where I fish,too. I pick up around the boat ramp where I usually launch. The dirty diapers are the worst----

Post Thanks / Like

Its everywhere. I pick up worm boxes,cans and bottles floating wherever we fish. On the bank and in the water. Its not limited to a few places. The old work saying "leave the workplace as clean or cleaner than when you came in" works for me on the water.
    I do my best to pick up others trash, even if it means turning the boat around to get the floating trash off the water.
    Lets keep it clean....
    Fishing is a way of life. Teach your grandchildren to fish, hunt and enjoy the outdoors

Backwaters of Grenada Lake, Yalobusha Bottom
    Post Thanks / Like

Same way in Mississippi, If you go up the rivers that feed Grenada Lake you wiil find log jams with so much trash in them you would think a garbage truck turned over !!!
    Wishin' I Was Fishin'

Post Thanks / Like

artificial bait only lakes is the way to go until people start cleaning up there mess...around here we can put out as many trash cans a s we want and the kids throw them in the lake...

Post Thanks / Like

thnx for the response I am just sick of it maybe the local governments should shut the places down..I'm so mad it these people in you would be surprised it who IS doing it, then again maybe not.!!!!!!
    Last edited by alabamaal; 03-01-2008 at 12:51 PM.

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

same here in North Carolina......its a disgrace....and these are the same type people who keep over their limit, and keep undersize fish....the scum of society.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lhumphre View Post
    artificial bait only lakes is the way to go until people start cleaning up there mess...around here we can put out as many trash cans a s we want and the kids throw them in the lake...

Artificial bait only will not work. I have picked up way too many discarded artificial bait containers around here, and the containers to just about everything else you buy to fish with (including rod and reel).

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you on this one. Litterbugs are one of the things that turn me from my usual sweet friendly self into "GRIZZ" with people. It amazes me when people litter right in front of people without a second thought. I have gotten so that I don't hesitate to confront people who litter in front of me and kindly ask them to pick up their trash and throw it away where it belongs. If they get snotty about it I threaten to call the cops or conservation officers whom I know personally who will come and really ruin their day with pleasure while I watch. There are pretty serious fine in all the states I am aware of. Sometime $300 or more. What are the fines in your states?

Its time for us as anglers to get some backbone and stop people from ruining the outdoors we love. If we don't take a stand we will lose it.
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 03-01-2008 at 02:19 PM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast