Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mounting a sideimaging transducer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mounting a sideimaging transducer

anyone got any suggestions for mounting a transducer for a 997c on the transom of a basic aluminum 1654 Fisher boat? I run 2 seperate motors on it...a 9.9 and a 25. Initially I thought mounting it right in the middle would be good but the drain plug is in the middle. I am uncertain about mounting it to one side or the other because i dont want the side beam to hit the motor. Somewhere I read to mount it 15" to the left or right of the motor depending on which way your prop turns. Basically Im clueless. Any info would be more than I've gathered at this point.

Post Thanks / Like

anyone got any suggestions for mounting a transducer for a 997c on the transom of a basic aluminum 1654 Fisher boat? I run 2 seperate motors on it...a 9.9 and a 25. Initially I thought mounting it right in the middle would be good but the drain plug is in the middle. I am uncertain about mounting it to one side or the other because i dont want the motor to interfere with the side beam. Somewhere I read to mount it 15" to the left or right of the motor depending on which way your prop turns. Basically Im clueless. Any info would be more than I've gathered at this point.

Post Thanks / Like

Dang it. Sorry for the double post. Freakin satellite internet got me again.

Post Thanks / Like

I want the information as soon as the front of the boat goes over it. I mounted mine off the spider rig bracket up front and it sticks down 30 inches, so it will shoot under the front. Then I just pull the pin and take the pipe out of the water, so I can run. It's so big that I didn't want it on the trolling motor. I don't think you can mount it in a clear spot on the back of your boat, with 2 motors, without it interfering, unless you only want it to shoot to 1 side. You could build a piece of flat bar about 15 inches long and weld a coupling on the end, that a piece of emt metal tubing can slide in and just pin it in place, then you could remove it when you take off or get too shallow. the other end of the bar can be bolted or screwed in place.mount the transducer to the tubing. thats basically what I did.

Post Thanks / Like

One thing I should have clarified is that I have 2 motors...but I didnt mean they were both on the boat at the same time. I rotate them depending on where I go fishing. Some of our lakes are 10 HP limit...thus I keep the small motor to switch out with. Good suggestion though.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got the 797 si and I mounted mine on a bracket that is about 15 in to the right of the motor. My transducer for my Lowrance that came with the boat was mounted to it,,perfect place as the transducer can be made to hang right in line and a little under the boat bottom....You mainly want to shoot to the right most of the time anyway. If you want to do left or both you will have to raise your tilt on the motor some so the beam goes between the engine and the transome. Your doing best around 2 to 4 mph for a side scan. The beam is very thin so do not worry about it making it between the two.

Post Thanks / Like

you want to mount it the 15" away from the motor to avoid prop wash.
    I have mine mounted on the back of a 17' alum Tracker and it works good.
    Check out this site for mounting places for your boat.
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sideimaging/
    Great site for the Birds...
    Fishing is a way of life. Teach your grandchildren to fish, hunt and enjoy the outdoors

Post Thanks / Like

The best piece of advice I give the guys is to put a transom saver board on first and that should be for any brand, side scan or not.

WarrenMN
    I fish, therefore I am

Post Thanks / Like

Warren-This may be a dumb question...but what is a "transom saver board"?

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing is a way of life. Teach your grandchildren to fish, hunt and enjoy the outdoors

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast