Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Jordan Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Jordan Lake

Hello I just moved to Chapel Hill. I grew up saltwater fishing never really been a big freshwater fisherman although now being close to such a great crappie lake i feel its time to learn something new. I am looking to find someone in the area to kinda give me a lecture on the how too's of crappie fishing. Anyone around that would be willing to help me get started? Thanks for your time. I have been reading a lot about it on this forum. I have always tied fly's and now I am tying some jigs to use if I ever learn Jordan. Once again thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Hey big. Welcome to the board. You came to the right place to learn about crappie fishing. There is all the info that you need right here. If you got a specific question just ask it and someone will chime in with some help. Lot of good fishermen and women here willing to share. You know you maybe want to think striper on Jordan also. Been stocking them in there for years. Some of the guys here fish for them also and that might feed your salt needs somewhat. I dont know jordan myself but it aint that much different than other lakes. It has its hot spots like the bridges and they aint to hard to spot if you can see 100 or more boats sitting in one spot. lol Im sure one of the resident jordan fishermen will chime in here. Glad you joined us. I gotta go fishin now. See ya.

Post Thanks / Like

Default welcome Big

Wife and I live in High Point but fish Jordan some, started fishing there last fall and it is great howerer we are still learning it was well. First thing to do is get you a good map of Jordan. You can use that as reference both on and off the water. We fish out of Farrington landing most of the time but will learn some about the area around the eb bridge this spring. Teh fish are moving to the louths of the creeks and major coves about now and can be caught starting near the bottom and slowly working the bait of choise up the water column. The acid rain 2 in grub is great there as in most anything with Chartreuse in it and the alltime stand by minnies. You might want to get some crappie nibbles as wett, they are a great attractant to us eon a 1.5-2 inch tube.

Bill and Jan
    Gilby aka Bill :D

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for taking the time to repsond to me. I wish you the best of fishing success.

Post Thanks / Like

hey bigascanbe i try to fish jordan atleast once a week, wind permitting, ask and ye shall recieve, there's enough there for everyone. a word of warning though jordan will spoil you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigascanbe View Post
    Hello I just moved to Chapel Hill. I grew up saltwater fishing never really been a big freshwater fisherman although now being close to such a great crappie lake i feel its time to learn something new. I am looking to find someone in the area to kinda give me a lecture on the how too's of crappie fishing. Anyone around that would be willing to help me get started? Thanks for your time. I have been reading a lot about it on this forum. I have always tied fly's and now I am tying some jigs to use if I ever learn Jordan. Once again thank you
    You are truly blessed to be able to live in God's country. I spent 5 of the best years of my life in Chapel Hill!!!!! I'm 90 minutes from there now but I am willing to help you all I can over the internet.

Post Thanks / Like

If I don't have boat at this moment I am looking for one but of course on the college budget. where would you start out fishing from the shore and what should I do please let me know. Once again thank you all for your time and thoughts.

Post Thanks / Like

i hear a lot of people talking about the dock at bells church, here in the next couple weeks they will go shallow and there is a cove on the left hand side of bush creek that is a short walk from the road, if its not to crowded you'll have fun there.