Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rod and Reel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod and Reel

If you were to buy 3 rods and reels. One for all types of fishing (shooting docks, tight line, etc.) what would they be?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigascanbe View Post
    If you were to buy 3 rods and reels. One for all types of fishing (shooting docks, tight line, etc.) what would they be?
    Cheap ones. :D:D

Post Thanks / Like

I don't troll, so I can't help you there. I like to cast jigs. For that, I use light or UL rods from 4.5' to 7' in length. There are lots of good brands on the market. Get the best you can afford. I think Loomis makes the best rods on the planet, but they're not cheap. You might check out the Fish Eagle II by Cabela's and Bass Pro's Bionic Blade. I own one of each and would buy more if I needed them. Both rods are on sale now for $49.

I like Shimano and Daiwa reels. Again, get the best you can afford. The Shimano Symetre is a great reel. I have two that are 10 years old and still work great. The Daiwa SS series is an older model, but they are much-loved. The newer Daiwa's are sweet, too.

Post Thanks / Like

bass pro shop extreme combo's for $129.98 each just choose the rod or reel that suits your needs. i have several , i used to have g-loomis and i sold them and got basspro extreme's. i have never regretted it . i love them. i can catch anything on them you can on a g-loomis. but your rods and reels have to suit you not me. but if you try them i dont think you will be disappointed.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod & reel

For tight line a 10ft Sam Heaton with a Mitchell 500 Avocet. The Sam Heaton is very sensitive & the 500 has an excellent drag for an inexpensive reel. They balance real well. Very light weight.

Post Thanks / Like

ABU-Garica 102s and 103s good reels wal-mart has them for 29.00apiece,Berkley Lightin rod are 30-35 apiece i like 5'6" and 6'6" myself good combos that don't break my wallett i have 8 of them

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Ugly Sticks. Buy seperate Shakespear open face reels.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Pflueger Reels, All Star Rods and Ugly Sticks.
    Take your kids hunting and fishing, and you won't be hunting your kids

Post Thanks / Like

I sure do like the ugly stick lites, strong and sensitive rods

Post Thanks / Like

There has been quite a few good thread recently that have covered dock shooting gear, casting and jigging gear. If you do a search of the forums your going to find a lot of good current info on this topic. I don't recall seeing a gear topic on tight lining though, and since I don't tight line I can't help you, but I'm sure there are a dozen tight line experts here that can.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast