Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anyone else fishing Chickahominy?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone else fishing Chickahominy?

OK, this warm weather has me itching reel bad for some nice slabs. I believe I'll give it a go this afternoon at Ed Allens and probably take tomorrow off as well. (76° you know) I'll let you all know how it goes. Me and BluGunu were there on Saturday. Water temp was 54° and the Pike were very active. We did manage to catch a single Crappie on a jig before the temp started dropping.
    I'll post any good news. Rusty, give me a yell if work is just too much to handle. :D

Mark

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Haven't been there in years. The problem with this time of the year is there are so many places you can go with so little time. And then there is work. Grrrrrrrr #^%$!!!. Anxious to hear how you do.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I have really been thinking about the chic lately, looking forward to your post also.
    Good fishing.
    mike (papermouth scaler)

it's cold.. it's raining....it's too windy...
    "fish on!!!"
    (What a great day for fishing) lol.

Post Thanks / Like

I was on the Chic last week- caught one catfish about 4lbs. not another bite.
    There was one boat having some luck with pickerel. Didn't see anyone else boat a fish all day. I have had some good luck with bluegills there in the past around lilly pads and tree stumps. ( of course that describes the whole lake).
    I have also heard great things about this lake- I wish I knew it better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by papermouth scaler
    I have really been thinking about the chic lately, looking forward to your post also.
    Good fishing.

Well, sorry about the time it took to post this but it was pretty uneventful last week. Water temp last Wed (30th) was only 58 and I managed only a single Bass on a minnow in about 4 hours time. I went to work on Thursday thinking it would be warmer over the weekend but had to leave on Friday for a funeral in PA. I will no doubt give it another go on Sunday and I'm sure the water will be warmer. I'll post any good news on Monday.
    Good Luck!!
    Mark