Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Crappie Fishing Line?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best Crappie Fishing Line?

I Have Been Through Tons Of Different Fishing Lines. I Have Finnaly Settled On Mr. Crappie High Vis. It Seems To Work For Me. Has Anyone Found The Perfect Crappie Line? Just Try To Find The Best.

Post Thanks / Like

I like stren hi-vis gold, but I havent tried wallys hi-vis yet.

Post Thanks / Like

The archives are full of line discussions. Do a search for "line" and you can read for days.
    Last edited by deathb4disco; 02-28-2008 at 10:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Mr. Crappie High Vis also.

Rsquare Guest

Stren Hi-Vis gold is my choice as well. I have used several and keep coming back.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking There ain't no such thing ...

Quote Originally Posted by bigfish5 View Post
    I Have Been Through Tons Of Different Fishing Lines. I Have Finnaly Settled On Mr. Crappie High Vis. It Seems To Work For Me. Has Anyone Found The Perfect Crappie Line? Just Try To Find The Best.

but, seriously .... it all depends on how you intend to use it, whether or not you need hi-vis or lo-vis properties, what your budget will allow, and how often you're going to use it (or change it out).

Mr Crappie Super hi-vis line is pretty good stuff, and so is Stren Gold (I use both), if you need a hi-vis line. Ande, and some other brand names also make good hi-vis lines.
    Clear/blu lines ... BPS Excel is very affordable, and a very good line.

It will all depend on whom you ask ... or, in the case of this forum, who responds :D -- everyone has their favs, and most don't like to think they're wrong in their choices

What pound test you use, how sensitive you set your reel's drag, the action of the pole you're using it on, and other such variables make a difference in what line works best. So does the presentation method that you use.

If there IS a "perfect" all purpose fishing line ... I don't know about it :p

... cp

Rsquare Guest

I do need help with something. I am a b&m ultralite man that enjoys fishing structure for crappie. My father has several friends that troll or drift fish all the time. I'm getting the boat rigged up for him so he can go along and be with his buddies and learn how to fish this way. I need help getting him rigged up with poles and line. I was hoping someone on this thread would be able to help get me started. I know that poles are different. So what about the line???? Novice at trolling and welcome any help. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Rsquare, I longline troll and spider-rig and use nothing but 6lb line. I've used Mr. Crappie Hi-vis gold, Stren Hi-vis Gold and P-line all with success. Recently I've been experimenting with Fluor-carbon 6lb test line, I've liked the results so far.

As far as poles go, you can't go wrong with B&M Crappie Wizzard 10 or 12 footers should work fine. There are other good rod makers, but this is what I and many other's here use. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Mr.crappie Line

Yes I Really Like The Strength Of The Mr.crappie High Vis. I Do Use Bass Pro Excell In Really Clear Water. I Used To Use Stren But I Just Think Both The Mr. Crappie And Bass Pro Excell Are Stronger. I Just Didnt Know If There Was Something Out There That I Was Missing Out On. I Did Try Some Flourocarbon And It Was Ok . I Liked The Sensativity Of It But It Didnt Seem As Strong And Was Lots Harder To See My Bites On. It Was Also Very Expensive. I Was Told I Would Get More Bites On Flourocarbon But I Could Not Tell A Difference In The Number Of Bites I Got. Just Trying To Learn From The Best. Thanks For Your Info

Post Thanks / Like

Ive been useing Fireline for years
    Jig & Ellie are my green headed corn grinder finders.

R.I.P Jig dog

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast