Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Night Fishing for crappie should be banned

canepole24 Guest

Default Night Fishing for crappie should be banned

Night fishing is hurting our crappie population, especially the mature population.. Why don't you just throw a stick of dynamite out since yall have to use lights to draw the baitfish in. I remember when there were no limits on crappie and now the populations are down due to the fact that night fishing has gained popularity. I've been crappie fishing for 15 years and i've averaged around 45 crappie per trip. Wouldn't you feel better if you actually earned your fish. Now the good guys get penalized. Why do you think shining for deer is illegal? I think a limit or a ban on night fishing should be mandated.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL, Thanks for joining the forum
    Shawn Hines
    Now stationed in...
    Middle East

Post Thanks / Like

I for one dont think night fish does anything different to the population than any other method of catching them.
    I PRACTICE CATCH & FRY---DONT EVERYBODY ? Thumbs Up

fishhunter775 is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Weather it is day or night makes no differance as long as you keep what you need or your legal limit,but the dynamite will surely get you in trouble least it will here.Just my .02 worth.Welcome to the forum.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry but if you're catching 45 crappie per trip you're certainly not helping.
    Tell me, how does it matter if you keep your legal limit at night or during the day?
    And shining deer is nothing like night fishing for crappie. Have you even ever been night fishing for crappie?

Post Thanks / Like

You gotta be kidding

Post Thanks / Like

Is That You Cane Pole Did you start over with your post It said this is your 1st post:D

People are not hurting crappie fishing, fishing at night. There are probably 100 day fishing to 1 night time fishing. Also if you are catching 45 ever time you

go then there is no shortage. If you want to catch more fish put out more structure, condos, brush piles, the more the better the fishing. You have to

do your part to catch more fish. I don't even think fishing guides hurt crappie fishing because most if not all put out fish structure, condos. brush piles ect.

and this makes fishing better for all. :D

Welcome to the forum from Alabama
    BamaMan

BamaMan

Post Thanks / Like

I think the size ya keep effect the population more
    God Bless America
    In God We Trust

Post Thanks / Like

Does'nt night fishing cut down on global warming:rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

Does not matter if its night or day. You say your 45 per trip. Now would that matter if its day or night?
    Or with what ever you use. AS long as it legal and not breaking the law.
    Also how about the people that are not like you and can only fish during the night?
    Also first post and putting down peoples fishing style and not even brave enough to fill out the profile.
    Sounds like a Troll to me.
    Also I am sure you only fish with one pole and no bait.That way your doing it the hard way.
    Welcome to the best crappie site there is. And enjoy it and even lean some stuff while at it.

pete

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast