Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just got me a boat!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just got me a boat!!

After reading all of ya post about catching them crappies, i decided to get a boat too so that I don't miss out all the actions. Now all i need to do is learn how to load and unload the boat, boy its not an easy tasks. So if ya see a guy who is having trouble with loading the boat into the water, you'll know its me. Also i need help as to where to fish for them, like at flat swamp or tamarac. I don't know where to fish at these landings. I only fish off the banks, so i don't know where to fish on a boat. Any information would be really nice. I am looking to take the boat out this sat at High Rock.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

fishing by myself i had a hell of a time doin it myself for the first several times. my boat is soo picky that the trailer needs to be in the water at the right level or else the boat wont sit on the trailer right.....anyways good luck wiht it. first 3 times will be tough then it will be routine :D
    Full day 1/2 day or evening Striper/Crappie fishing trips available at a very affordable price for
    Lake Norman, Badin, Wateree, High Rock.
    Individual maker of the heavy duty "hybrid" A-rig Trolls just like an umbrella rig, Guaranteed to put fish in the boat

https://www.facebook.com/pmmalec Email: [email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/BOLOcharters

Post Thanks / Like

1st time I did it I flat out embarrassed myself to death. 2nd time and the laughing of the audience was just a little less. 3rd time and it was like riding a bike!

Try and do your first time on a weekday when nobody is there to heckle you.

What kind of boat did you get?

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Shoot, if I can learn anyone can. They don't laugh anymore at me, but they usually ALL stop and watch the fat lady doin' it right! LOL

.....or at least getting it done.

What kind of boat didja get. You might get some good tips from those that have one like yours.
    Last edited by anchorpuller; 02-28-2008 at 12:01 AM.
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Congrats on the boat and welcome to the faimly... You know we have a little saying for the word "boat"
    B- Bring
    O- Out
    A- Another
    T- Thousand

Have fun and good luck
    Tight lines
    Shawn Hines
    Now stationed in...
    Middle East

Post Thanks / Like

hey fish4fun why dont you just come on down to tuckertown sat for the social be a good time to learn that area a little bit
    [never snap at the hand that feeds ya

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by painterfish View Post
    hey fish4fun why dont you just come on down to tuckertown sat for the social be a good time to learn that area a little bit
    I agree with you painter.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

fish4fun....it only took me 6 tries to load my pontoon boat Monday....and that was with my wife directly me onto the trailer. The best thing was I only had one truck and one car with people standing at the access area watching me. I dread the day when I take it out by myself.

Post Thanks / Like

there are several different factors that will cause problems but the main thing is take your time - and do not rush - it just makes matters worse - most decent folks that see you having a problem will offer to help - but you ot some that are just insensitive a$$e$ that will get pissed off about it but you can bet if it was not you it would sometiing else wrong cause they stay pissed half the time - if someone offers help do not be offended and let them help - be waeary of folks offereing to moveyour truck if you do not know them cuz they may move it on down the road - you will get it - and congrats on the boat
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the boat. Hope you pull out a bunch. Don't get embarrased about unloading the boat into the water, it gets easier with every try.
    "Even a fish wouldn't get into trouble if he kept his mouth shut."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast