Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Google Earth Question?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Google Earth Question?

Anyone have the Google Earth that you have to pay for? Does it give you more detail like the http://maps.live.com/#JnE9eXAuQXNobG...U1MDEwOTg2Mw==
    Does?
    If so I would sure pay for it. AS I have found great stuff with the Maps Live above. But can not figure out how to save a waypoint on the stuff I find.
    It allows me to zoom down on some places and even see every stump and stuff on parts of the lakes
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I would be curious about that, too. Also if the shots are more up to date. When I used to look at the free version of Google Earth, the pics were old, lake levels were way off.
    Future member of any forum deathb4disco moderates.

Member of Wally Marshall's Mr. Crappie Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Have you guys tried the weather.com map? They were updated last spring, although you have to move the map to the area you want to look at.

Post Thanks / Like

i love google earth. You can put a point on any location. You can also import your gps coordinates and see them on the map...REALLY cool. I put the coordinates for a giant stump in and it zoomed in and I could see the STUMP from Space.

Post Thanks / Like

The paid for Google Earth does not have closer pictures or more detail. It just has more features. If you want closer details and if they have it in your area like they do where I live then try maps.live.com and choose the birds eye view. Instead of sat pics they are actually aerial photographs with much greater detail than any other map site. Check out this thread for an example.

http://www.crappie.com/crappie/showt...ive.com&page=2

P.S. Sorry Red. I only read the first sentence of your post. Didn't mean to copy your recommendation. Still, the pics in the previous post are nice examples
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 02-28-2008 at 03:22 AM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

ShilohRed, I like that Maps.live.com thanks for posting it. first I seen of it.

Later
    BamaMan

BamaMan

Post Thanks / Like

No matter which service you use, the imagery is limited by what that state has available. For example, in Indiana they have very high quality color *aerial* photography with a resolution of 6", but in other states, only low resolution *satellite* imagery is available. The only exception is that for urban areas, Homeland Security has paid to fly those areas to get high-resolution aerial photography. All the map services simply pay a royalty to use what the states have available.

Post Thanks / Like

Woah! Just tried the maps.live.com site.. Can see my boat sitting in my back yard. Could tell the color of the outboard if it weren't covered.

Post Thanks / Like

Try maps.live.com on some of the crappie lakes. It shows them in draw down. And you can even see the small stumps. But sure wish I could figure out how to mark stuff on it with a waypoint.
    Also thanks guys on the answers to the questions.

Pete

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried the maps.live.com... and unless I am blind....I can see my darn box deer stand sitting in the edge of the field.