Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: east fork this weekend?

Post Thanks / Like

Default east fork this weekend?

Anyone planning on getting out this weekend? Leaving for weiss on the 10th and need to get the boat out somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Default boat ramps?

Are all the ramps accessable right now? Someone said the lake is really low right now. Normally put in across from Boars Head.

Post Thanks / Like

Bantam and dam ramps should be fine. Don't know if I can make it out this weekend but I sure would like too!

Post Thanks / Like

Afton/Boars Head ramp is dry. Can't go in there. Someone had mentioned they got in at the campground, but I was there the other day and there was a front loader doing something there so I'd maybe double check before going there. The dam ramp is accessible, but you'll have to pull the boat up to the rocks to get in and out as the dock/block whatever is out of the water. Bantam should be usable, though not sure how accessible the floating docks are. They might not be floating anymore. I haven't been by them to see. I'll be out early Sunday morning. Gonna put in at the dam. Can't wait! If you need minnows, the paylake on the road to the dam ramp has them and they open early for trout fishing so they should be open, that way you won't have to go to the other side of the lake. Just be careful. The lake is way down. was about 9 feet but with the thaw it will come up some. Take me to Weiss with you and I'll tell you where the crappie are at EF........
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default call them

Boars Head Bait & Carry Out 2818 Old State Route 32 Batavia OH 45103 USA (513) 724-1211

Post Thanks / Like

I dont know how good weiss is going to be, checked today and the water is down to 47-49 degrees. Come on down. What area would you fish at EF this time of year?

Post Thanks / Like

I am usually down at Weiss this weekend most years. It's tough sitting around here hoping we can get out. I agree with SpeckWick, I wish I were there too.

Post Thanks / Like

I make a trip to Weiss usually the second week of March every year and its great. I won't be able to make the trip this year due to some conflicts with the wife's work schedule but I plan to get down in the fall. 47 degrees can jump to 50 quik with a little bit of sun. Last March when I was there the water was between 50-55 degrees for the four days and it was some of the best crappie fishing I've ever seen. As far as East Fork, I fish the dam side quite a bit in the winter. I live right near the dam ramp and it is what I know the best and the less I have to cross the lake in the cold air the better. Fish the deep treetops or deep points with cover. The lake is pretty stained right now, so that oughta make the bite a little tough, but a little sun won't hurt things any. 50 degrees Sunday, I'd say there will be a boat or two out there. I know I will be.
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Me to, me tooooooooooooooooooooooo
    O_C_B