Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Auto Inflatable Life Jackets?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Auto Inflatable Life Jackets?

Was reading the posts about falling in the water and was wondering. Do all of these type of life jackets inflate automatically when they get wet or are there any that have a pull cord, so you could inflate it manually? Just curious and wondering if you could accidentally inflate one by spilling your cup of water, tea, soda, etc on the jacket?
    A Smart Man will sometimes change his mind!
    Then he'll go Fishin!

Post Thanks / Like

Both manual and automatic are available, and no, the automatic one is not suppose to inflate until the inflating device is submerged. But, I had one of the automatic ones (Sospenders), and it self-inflated on a very warm day just laying on the boat deck. Needless to say, it made dull moments about-face for a brief period.
    Last edited by luvjign; 02-27-2008 at 06:57 PM.
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvjign View Post
    Both manual and automatic are available, and no, the automatic one is not suppose to inflate until the inflating device is submerged. But, I had one of the automatic ones (Sospenders), and it self-inflated on a very warm day just laying on the boat deck. Needless to say, it made dull moments about-face for a brief period.
    haha

I got the Sospenders automatic. It ain't went off yet. It has 3 inflate options: automatic, pull cord, and blow up tube. If ever needed, I hope the automatic or pull cord works. Blowing is not an option.

I don't leave home without mine. Money well spent. Also comfortable to wear all day. My life is worth more than a hundred bucks (to me anyhow).

Tom
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

have buddys that have had problems with the auto ones, no problems with pull cord types.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Kinser View Post
    have buddys that have had problems with the auto ones, no problems with pull cord types.
    What problems Ken? I will keep them in mind.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I have both auto and manual. I wear the manual and my guest wears the automatic. I have never had the automatic out in the rain and it has never inflated when it was not supposed to (never inflated at all).
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Post Thanks / Like

I wear mne always. I have the Mustang Hydrostatic now, but I wore the Sospenders for years. I had it inflate once when I left it in the boat and it rained overnight, and once when I left it in my truck on a hot day. They're not hard to rearm.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the automatic Sospenders, it is very comfortable to wear. I fished in the rain all day a couple of weeks ago and put it in my truck tool box where I've always kept it. When I went to get it a few days later it had inflated. I should have let it dry before storing it. Got to order a rearm kit, a least I know it will work.

A bad day of fishing
    beats a good day at work.

Jerry

Post Thanks / Like

Crappieslinger
    The Mustang automatic is on sale at BPS starting 2-29. Regularly priced $199, on sale for $159. Thier top of the line hydrostatic vest is also on sale ( $50 off reg price, I believe.)
    RCFillingham

Post Thanks / Like

I have the manual suspenders and really like them. I have a fishing buddy that has the automatic and was jug fishing last summer below Wheeler. He got in a really hard thunderstorm that got about 4 or 5 inches of water in the boat before he noticed it, he had his PFD laying on the floor, and it went off. I guess the moral of the story is that as long as you use normal precautions the should be OK.

A day late, a dollar short and two drinks behind.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast