Thread: Shoers pals

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shoers pals

They wanted to say howdy to Shoer. Their puter is broke

Post Thanks / Like

Default This Your Flock??

Quote Originally Posted by MAINEIAC View Post
    They wanted to say howdy to Shoer. Their puter is broke
    They're in good shape, do ya drive them mules? You tell em howdy back from me. If the price of hay is anything like down here their hard drive will have to wait for repair possibly.
    What do ya pay yur farrier, going rates there?
    I get $25-30 a trim depending how many & how far, $75 for a full set of cold shoes, $55 for shoes up front trim the rears. Hot work dependent on what it is, clips, bars, wedges, etc...
    How densely equine-populated is Maine? Trouble gittin a farrier or trouble a farrier havin enuf work? I moved here from just west of Houston (Harris Co., TX) and Harris Co. is reportedly the most heavily horse-populated county in the country. Not surprisingly, farriers were in graet demand and as a whole had a rep of being arrogant, undependable, etc...
    I never was like that but was well aware of the position I was in. I get tipped here by the majority of my clients but man nothin like back there. It was just to ensure you'd be back again.

Hey thx for the contact and tell them critters springs around the corner. Heres a cpl of their cousins. They work the gardens at Colonial Wmbg.

Here's my helpers, and if they can't make one behave, I resort to drastic measures.
    Last edited by horseshoer; 12-25-2008 at 06:02 PM.
    Shoer,
    12th Degree Ninja

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know much about critters or farriers. They belong to my neighbor. I had to borrow his 4 wheel drive tractor to relocate some snow. Ask your helpers if they are from Maine. Have some folks here that look a lot like them rascals.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't talk bad about those guys. They look just like my uncles. The one on the left looks like my fathers brother and the one on the right my mothers brother. Hillbilly stuff you know.

A day late, a dollar short and two drinks behind.