Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Great day at Tobosofkee..

Post Thanks / Like

Default Great day at Tobosofkee..

Went to Tobo today, got there at 630 am. Water was muddy as heck, water temp was 60.1* when I got there but warmed up to 63*. Caught 25, kept 15. All were caught trolling tripple ripples, and as long as it had blue or black body they were hitting it. Fish were all in 10-15 ft of water off of sandy banks.

Hooked several nice slabs, but they were breaking my 4lb line, since I was lazy yesterday and did not change the old line from last year. That has been remedied now. Would have stayed longer but my trolling battery gave out and I had left my spare at the house.

Going back tomorrow afternoon, this time I will be better prepared.
    For the Everlasting Glory of the Infantry.

Post Thanks / Like

Dutch....sounds like you had an awful good morning....coming from toward Roberta where do you suggest putting in a boat....also I've never been on the lake....I might make a trip up there later this week can you tell me where I might want to start....Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AUTiger
    Dutch....sounds like you had an awful good morning....coming from toward Roberta where do you suggest putting in a boat....also I've never been on the lake....I might make a trip up there later this week can you tell me where I might want to start....Thanks

Coming from Roberta, just come straight down 80, till you get to Lizella. Turn left off 80 onto North Lizella road, there is a convience store on the corner. Follow that road till it dead ends, that Lower Thomaston Road, turn right you will cross a bridge that goes over Tobo. Take the next right after the bridge, thats Mosely Disxon road (I think that the name). Follow that till you see Clayston Park, the entrance will be on your right. Theres a boat ramo there, and just start looking in the coves till you mark fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Thaaaaaank you Dutch!!!! Good t hear they are starting to bite at Toby!!!If you post good numbers today before 3pm I'll take a day and go myself...I am very familiar with the lake and know it like the back of my hand, where did you go? Should I get keep check of the temp and stay in 10-15 ft of water?? I do have my favorite spots but I usually fish under the bridge at night..Lower Thomaston Bridge..Thanks for the report and good luck today

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by twogunkid
    Thaaaaaank you Dutch!!!! Good t hear they are starting to bite at Toby!!!If you post good numbers today before 3pm I'll take a day and go myself...I am very familiar with the lake and know it like the back of my hand, where did you go? Should I get keep check of the temp and stay in 10-15 ft of water?? I do have my favorite spots but I usually fish under the bridge at night..Lower Thomaston Bridge..Thanks for the report and good luck today

I launched at Arrowhead, and fish the any of the coves across the lake. Keep a eye on the water temp, as it makes a big difference. The temp is 3-4 degrees different on the North side of the lake. Water is still muddy, but blu or black jigs are getting bit. Stay in 8-15 feet of water trolling and you should wear them out. Good Luck if you go, let me know how you do, since it will be Tuesday before I can go again.