Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Help On Carolina Skiff Price

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help On Carolina Skiff Price

Hey Gang. Got A Chance To Buy A 1996 21'-8" Carolina Skiff With A 90 Yamaha And Of Course A Trailer. I Know The Boat Owners Son Well And The Man Just Up And Decided To Sell After His Finder Took A Dump. Wife Said No More Money In The Boat. I've Checked Nada And The Boat And Motor Aren't Worth But About 4800.00 Bucks. Can This Be Right. Hes Asking 7500.00. I Thought It Was A Good Price. I Know Used Boats Are Hard To Figure, But If You've Bought A Used Skiff Lately, Give Me Your Thoughts On This. If Its A Deal I Don't Want To Let It Get Away. Thanks

fishing buddy is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Do a search on internet for used ones and you might find one like it. Good luck

www.slabcrappieguides.com
    Hi Tek Pro Staff
    Bobby Garland Baits

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nada is notoriously low on their prices but I'd do some searching like mentioned to see what they go for.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Simpleman I just bought a pontoon boat and the NADA came in about 1400.00 less than what he was asking. By the time I added the bigger motor, and the accessories...it came in close to what he was asking. I ended up paying just a little less than what NADA said was high retail. But I took into consideration mine was a one owner boat and he had kept up with the maintanance and had all the original manuals and receipts and maintenance records. And also the fact he kept it garaged and clean. So you may want to take all that in cosideration on the one you are looking at. Those Carolina Skiff's are great boats....that was my first choice...but the pontoon was my wife's and grandkids first choice. And they won.

Another thing is if you want it, and mess around much....someone else is also looking to. I learned a long time ago, if I mess around to much someone will buy something right out from under you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SIMPLEMAN View Post
    Hey Gang. Got A Chance To Buy A 1996 21'-8" Carolina Skiff With A 90 Yamaha And Of Course A Trailer. I Know The Boat Owners Son Well And The Man Just Up And Decided To Sell After His Finder Took A Dump. Wife Said No More Money In The Boat. I've Checked Nada And The Boat And Motor Aren't Worth But About 4800.00 Bucks. Can This Be Right. Hes Asking 7500.00. I Thought It Was A Good Price. I Know Used Boats Are Hard To Figure, But If You've Bought A Used Skiff Lately, Give Me Your Thoughts On This. If Its A Deal I Don't Want To Let It Get Away. Thanks
    Most of the time the NADA does not include the value of the motor, trailor, trolling motor, depthfinders, etc... Just the boat!
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

shineyfoot Guest

On NADA's website, you look the engine, boat, and trailer up separate and then add them together, along with any accesosries. If you are looking it up in an NADA book, the engines are listed at the back. Usually their average retail is going to be pretty close to what the boat should sell for. Depending on what year model it is, the trailer may or may not be included in the price of the boat. Alot of 97 and newer include the price fo the trailer.

Post Thanks / Like

Simpleman,

Alot depends on the condition of the boat. As an FYI I just last year bought a 1997 17' with a 40hp. The seller was asking for $4500 and I wound up getting the boat for $3500. Pristine condition - loaded.
    Also - Ed's Marine had a package with a 2007 2180 and a 115 4-stroke for $15,000.
    $7500 sounds a bit high with out seeing the boat or knowing the options it has.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks For The Help. Lots Of Good Advice. "keeping It Simple"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nada Wow I Wish I Had Known

I Thought That Nada Was High? Atleast Thats What The Guy That Bought My Boat Monday Evening Said. I Sold It For About $3000.00 Less Than Nada Average Price. Man I Left A Ton Of Money On The Table. That Makes Me Sick To Think About It.

Post Thanks / Like

Not real sure about what is on it but while you have the chance you might ought to get it. You'll be glad you did. My new 1765DLX has been in my hands for 1 month, been to the lake 2 times just to ride and I'm glad I got it.