Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Mattoon 2005

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Mattoon 2005

sticker renewal 3-17-05

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Went to Lake Mattoon today to get my 2005 lake sticker. They raised the price $5.00. Cost me $40.00 to get a sticker this year Heck you can get a Yearly launch pass at Shelbyville good for any ramp on the lake for cheaper than what lake Mattoon wants Anyway, I had my 2 year old daughter with me and my wife. Wife said she would watch her for two hours while I fished. Fished from 12:30pm til 2:30pm. Caught 9 crappie with 3 keepers. One keeper was 12.5" Released all fish and missed several.
    Last edited by PIGINTHEPIGPEN; 03-29-2005 at 01:46 PM. Reason: DATE
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

Default White Caps

to windy 3-18-05

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tried my luck again today at Mattoon lake. Put in at 9:30am fished till 2:00pm. Caught about 25 with only one keeper It was very windy and could not hold the boat on the spot's I wanted to fish
    Last edited by PIGINTHEPIGPEN; 03-29-2005 at 01:47 PM. Reason: DATE
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Warming up

Went out yesterday afternoon. Fished from 1:00pm till 6:00pm. Caught about 60 crappie. Only took home 7. Caught most fish off docks. Tubes and twister tail tipped with minnow. Water temp 46-48

fishing_epp81 Guest

Default Need Minnows

I need to know where to get some dang minnows. Since Armstrong's closed are there any other places open now for minnows? I live in Mattoon. Anyone help me out??

EPP

Post Thanks / Like

Default epp81

May be a little out of your way. The two places I have found this year to get minnows are. Lake Mattoon Marina. They have minnow's in 3 different sizes and different types of minnows. The bait shop right when you turn in to go to Bo Woods also have minnow's.

Post Thanks / Like

Default epp

Saw in the paper that pj's bate shop is open under a new name and owner. You might try it for minnows. At lake Mattoon marina if you ask for two dozen minnows they count them out and you get 24. No more no less. First time Ive seen that. At Armstrongs you would get 3 or 4 times that. Miss armstrongs live 3 blocks away, that made it handy

Post Thanks / Like

I sort of like the marina, it is only a mile away from the house. I saw the PJ sign while passing it on the lake, I will have to stop and see what they have got.

I will miss Armstrong's, they had some stuff you couldn't get anywhere else. At least years ago it was that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Default docks and more docks

Fished Lake Mattoon for the first time in 7 months on sunday the 30th. Went with a buddy and we were on the water by 6:30am and fished till 12:30pm. We fished a ton of docks. Probably caught around 50 crappie but, we only took home 14. No real big ones mostly 10" with a couple at 11" Fished shallow with a cork and a white twister tail.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey PITPP
    Glad to see your getting out and catching Crappie .
    See ya Kevin ><)))*>
    Excellent

Post Thanks / Like

Default fish21759

Hey Kevin, Looks like you have been doing your fair share of catching also by what I have been reading....Excellant... Heading to shelbyville in the morning. Hope to run into you sometime. Take care.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast