Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tournament Advice

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tournament Advice

I'll be fishing the amateur side of the Bassmaster Elite Series tournament on the Kissimmee Chain, Florida in March. My first goal is to learn as much as possible from fishing with the pros and my second goal is to make the top 50 so I get to fish a third day.
    If anyone has some co-angler experience I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks
    Dan

fishing4kids Guest

Dan,

Give me a call sometime and maybe I can help

Eddie Goode
    Regional Director
    Fishing For Kids
    502-541-1918

Post Thanks / Like

A senko is a really good bait to throw behind pros on medium spinning tackle and light line. If that doesn't work ....a Rattletrap will often get you a reaction bite if they are throwing soft stuff in front of you. One other thing that may work well if you are fishing really thick weeds would be to texas rig your favorite soft plastic, but put WAY more weight that you normally would fish on it and let it drop down in any holes in the cover or punch your own w/ the heavy weight. Once again you are looking for a reaction bite by the lure falling so fast the bass doesn't have time to think. Good luck...

fishing4kids Guest

Dan,

It was good to talk to you please give my fishing partner a call and he can help you more so on the non boater side. He has more years as a non botor as anyone else you can talk to.

Trent Colvin
    270-932-1715

Post Thanks / Like

Keep your equiptment in top order sharpen hooks , new line, cut and retie every few fish, check for nicks in line,

catch quick limit on top or cranks, spinners, then use jigs to add weight