Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: West Point lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default West Point lake

Fished West Point Sunday 4/20 through Friday 4/25. Not spectacular but steady. Best luck was trolling 10 to 15 foot range three to four foot deep. Caught a few more on jigs than minnows. Best color was black with chartreuse tail. Caught a lot of 12" fish. Fished the upper end of Veasey creek and upper end of Stroud creek. Fish are on the banks bedding lot of large males this year in shallow water but the females were much deeper. Lot's of fish still staging in 25' at the mouth of the creeks didn't have much luck getting them to hit. Sorry I couldn't get loose to fish with you Smitty. Maybe the end of April. Water pump went out on my boat Tuesday morning right in the middle of one helluva thunder storm had to cover about two miles of open water with the TM bucking a strong head wind. Got it fixed Tuesday afternoon so I only lost one afternoon of fishing. Brought home a bunch of filets so I'll eat good for a while. Would have posted this report sooner but when I turned my computor on Sunday it crapped out. Water pump maybe?

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

So your computer water pump is gimpy.... heard it all now...

Those impellers should be changed every spring. I do mine myself. It is easy, but I only have simple motors 25hp and 40hp Evinrudes. I watch my flow and as soon as it starts being eratic I change the impeller.
    Glad you had a good trip and only missed a little fishing time. I went the day after we spoke on the cells. We did okay but didn't really get them biting untill we had to leave. We caught them in a creek channel 20' open area and then fished one of my condos in 24' water where we had the best luck of the day. I love those condos. Maybe we can get a trip in in april.

Tightlines to ya.
    Smitty

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Any fish in Sparks?

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

How muddy is West Point since the recent rains?
    Slab Masters Tournament Trail ............... www.slabmasterstournamenttrail.net

Post Thanks / Like

I have not been since last Saturday, 3/26 but I would bet it is pretty muddy up the lake and at the head of most creeks. Probably a lot of junk, logs etc., floating in upper end of the lake so be carefull.