Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: toughest smithville outing yet

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down toughest smithville outing yet

well me and baller hit it from 7 to 1. tough tough tough. ed caught 7 keeper's i caught 2 keeper's. lost 2 keeper's trying to rip em outall and all bad. saw something we had'nt seen there before. there were a school of probably 50-75 crappie that kept coming up about 2 feet from the surface. they were nice one's all of them looked like keeper's. we tried catching them put'n the jig right in front of them, would'nt ever hit. we did manage to snag 4 with our spoon's. but of course we through those back cuz they were'nt caught legally:rolleyes: kind of got frustrating seeing them and them not biting. reminded me of trout fishing at benett spring's. put it right in front of them and they'd just look at it. but hey least we got out for a pretty nice day. think i'll drink a beer and go pittle:D hope you guy's had better luck than us. it's FIX'N TO GET BETTER!:D aint that right guy's. gonna hit the dock up there again saturday (trying the reverse phsycology on mother nature) think i'll winterize the boat for the summer
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

everyones had the same story Sat and Sun tough. Glad I saved the gas money. But I really wanted to give it a try. Its fixen to get better soon!!!:D

Post Thanks / Like

MrBaker and I went out on LOZ this weekend and it pretty much sucked. I had a great time though, great boat, new toys to check out, got into that red bull, smoked cigars and laughed my ass off. Thanks, Mike. It's always a good time.
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Post Thanks / Like

COE still drawing water out of S'ville? The water needs to stabilize for a couple of days. The fish will start up again.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/mo/nwis/uv...=00065%2C00060

looks like they started again last night

got a e-mail that said they were drawing down to replace some rip-rap plus the normal spring draw down
    Here is a better report. This is dated 2/17/08

Lake Level: 862.4(Normal 864.20). Outflow: 500cfs They are lowering the lake for the normal spring rains and will be putting rip rap walls on some of the main lake points as soon as it can be hauled. Several points have been targeted to slow erosion.

Water Temp: The main lake is open and the ramps are starting to open up.

Little Platte ramps: closed as of Fri. evening

Camp branch ramps: Open

W-Hwy ramps: Closed but you could probably bust out. Its not far to the water

Crows creek: closed

CRAPPIE: Poor to Fair: The crappie fishing at the marinas has slowed down since they are pulling water from the lake. Most of the crappie fishing on the lake is going on at the marinas. You can fish off of the courtesy dock at Camp branch Marina for about $3. Jigs, usually rigged in pairs, in a variety of colors are taking most of the fish. 2" Berkley power minnows are the favorite.

BASS: No reports

CATFISH: No reports

White Bass: Crappie fisherman are catching a few at Camp branch

WALLEYE: No reports

----- Original Message -----
    To: [email protected]
    Sent: Friday, February 22, 2008 12:45 PM
    Subject: smithville

any update?
    SMITHVILLE

Updated 01/27/08 (Winter Report)

Lake Elevation at Normal Pool: 864.2 Temperature: 35

Inflow: 1000 cfs Outflow: 250 cfs Level: 0.10 feet high

Lake Map

Report by Burton's Bait and Tackle

CRAPPIE: Good: The crappie fishing at the marinas is good most of the time. Most of the crappie fishing on the lake is going on at the marinas. You can fish off of the courtesy dock at Camp branch Marina for about $3. Jigs, usually rigged in pairs, in a variety of colors are taking most of the fish. 2" Berkley power minnows are the favorite. The brush piles on the main lake are also putting out some nice fish. Fish 15' deep in 20' to 25' of water.

BASS: No reports

CATFISH: No reports

White Bass: Fair Move along the bluffs, like in sailboat cove or where the main channel swings near the bank and look for schools of shad and drop a pepper spoon below them and you should catch the whites.

WALLEYE: No reports

STOCKTON

Updated

almost a month old

Post Thanks / Like

mr. jeffy and i really had a hard time fishing , mr. jeffy did get a few nice ones , as always mr. jeffy always gets the big ones !!
    Supreme Leader of the Missouri Crappie Militia.........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KCBALLER View Post
    mr. jeffy and i really had a hard time fishing , mr. jeffy did get a few nice ones , as always mr. jeffy always gets the big ones !!
    some steal your password?:D:D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KCBALLER View Post
    you are talking about fish,correct:p
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Easy, Fuzz, easy. Don't get 'em started.
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Post Thanks / Like

Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy.......... Lmao
    Supreme Leader of the Missouri Crappie Militia.........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast