Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Blackshear dock question....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blackshear dock question....

Hey you Blackshear guys. I got a question for you. I've decided I'm going night fishing Wednesday night at Blackshear. Going to fish the docks. Now my question. Which creek has more docks? Cedar or Swift? And which one normally has clearer water? Which one has docks closer to deeper water? Okay several questions I guess. I'm really excited, as I am going to fish the next morning too. Trees in the back of Swift. I've got some great memories night fishing the docks on Sinclair when I was a kid, and this will be the first time since then. Thanks for your help!

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

crapster i havent fished the aera at night but the docks with the most lights is usealey the best . the ones closest to deep water i would think . or close to the creak channel . ceader creek in deepest on the so. side of the creek and there is a lot of lighted docks on that side . there is a lot of trees in the back side on the right or so. side cose to the old creek channel . a frind of mine that lives here cought a bunch there on a hal-fly green chartruce with a red head . that was the normal color then . the water will probabley be stained and it might be cleared up in the creek by wed.
    good luck and post what you do . i dont know if i will git to go this weakin .my daughter is gitting marrid and we have to keep the grandkids for her sat night . their dad her first husban is going to come and git them some times sat. might go sat. night and do some night fishing my self .
    there is a creek across the lake from ceader creek back up toward the dam is a good one . there is one cabin on the coner and a boat dock . it is owned by a man here i went to school with he inhearted it from his dad . it is over 4000 acors . a big hunting reserve of his own .it is a good creek to fish but you will have to cross the lake to git to it . there is a boat ramp right across from it . that would ba a long trip in a cano. you would probabley try it . it is realey a good place for shollow water fishing .papasage
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks papasage...I'll be sure to give a detailed report.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

the lake is flowing so if you go you might do alright in the creek but i look for it to be muddy.stay off 6the lake as there is a lot of debree floating ... good luck crappster

Post Thanks / Like

Level: At full pool. Temp: Mid 60s. Clarity: Good
    Crappie: The heavy rain Easter weekend will likely slow the fishing for a while, said Rusty Parker. When the lake level settles, Rusty picks the Smokehouse area, Parkers Slough behind Joe’s Island, and Collins Branch as good picks for spawning crappie. “The fish have already moved up into the cypress trees,” said Rusty. He will be pitching minnows on a cork into the trees. Or on a breezy day, he might fish jigs under a cork. “The ripple on the water gives the jig a little action,” he said. If you are a troller, your best bet is Swift Creek or Cedar Creek, says Rusty. “The rest of the lake has too much structure,” he said. For details on Rusty’s crappie-catching tactics on Blackshear, see page 122.

gon report