PDA

View Full Version : Bass but no Crappie

trigerzzz
02-24-2008, 04:50 AM
I have caught a world record Black Crappie and another about 3 lb's but not consistent 100 a day smaller ones. I have tried live worms, shiners, plastics, jigs, and spinners but no luck. I see them but no hits. I live in Sarasota and in Fort Meyers and Lake Trafford we caught 100's every time we went out. I catch a 1-6 lb bass almost every cast as it is private lakes that were stocked 25 years ago and never fished except by a few who live at Palmer ranch. I am a guide and at a loss. Any suggestions? They are there but how to catch. I caught more in little farm ponds no bigger then an Olympic size pool.

GRIZZ
02-24-2008, 04:58 AM
This should be interesting.

bentpole
02-24-2008, 09:06 AM
I have caught a world record Black Crappie
:confused::confused::confused:

DENNIS BOWERS
02-24-2008, 09:08 AM
??????? Too

ERNEST PATY
02-24-2008, 10:23 AM
Very interesting, I will be in Sarasota soon and will be staying at Palmer ranch. Let's meet and maybe we can find a solution to you're problem.

Ernest Paty

poppop
02-24-2008, 11:44 AM
I am with you Grizz...I am waiting for some followup stories.

skeetbum
02-24-2008, 12:44 PM
Right Idea, wrong techniques. Ernest will get him on the right path.

klight1122
02-24-2008, 12:48 PM
The man has some good advice if someone will listen!

Very interesting, I will be in Sarasota soon and will be staying at Palmer ranch. Let's meet and maybe we can find a solution to you're problem.

Ernest Paty

joejv4
02-24-2008, 02:14 PM

I'm waiting for the photos!!!!!!

deathb4disco
02-24-2008, 03:47 PM
This should be interesting.

Yes, it should.

deathb4disco
02-24-2008, 03:53 PM

In his profile, he says his fish was 4lb, 3 oz. but the record is 4lb 8oz:

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/fishing/news/story?page=f_enc_BlackCrappie

The Florida record is 3.83 lb.

I guess he could be talking about a line class record.

davieboy36
02-24-2008, 04:25 PM

Please show us the photos of the world record:)

GRIZZ
02-24-2008, 04:44 PM
I'm not aware of any line class records for panfish. There probably is but the IFGA makes you pay to see them, plus most all panfish are caught in one line class anyways unless you got it with 15lb test or something. Pardon my skepticism if you really do have a line class record, but we hear a of of grandiose boasting from people that is basically bull cookies. If you really caught a 4.3 lb crappie we'd like to see some pics. Thats a beast of a fish.

As far as getting those fish that have lockjaw, you have stumbled across what is undoubtedly the most comprehensive collection of crappie fishing advice on the planet, and if you search the forums, every possible topic has probably been covered 10 times and you will learn how to pry those slabs jaws open. We are also a very helpful bunch and will bend over backwards to get you catching those crappies.

Does anyone here have an IFGA membership, and are there line classes for freshwater panfish? If so check out who has a 4.3 lb crappie in the line class record section.

If your not there then - liar liar pants on fire!! :D

deathb4disco
02-24-2008, 05:04 PM
I'm not aware of any line class records for panfish.

I could be mistaken, but I thought the IGFA had line class records for everything. I bet most of them are open, though. Who fishes for crappie to set a line class record? Tarpon? Sure. Marlin? Sure. But crappie?

I don't think he's talking about a line class record, but that's the only way a 4lb 3oz fish would be a world record.

Cope
02-24-2008, 09:12 PM
The Oklahoma state record for a black crappie is 4 pounds 10 ounces set some 33 years ago...

http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/listing2.htm

deathb4disco
02-24-2008, 09:32 PM
The Oklahoma state record for a black crappie is 4 pounds 10 ounces set some 33 years ago...

http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/listing2.htm

For some reason, the IFGA does not recognize that as the world record. :confused:

pstone
02-24-2008, 09:36 PM
I am almost certain they have line class records for crappie. I know a guy that fished with 2 pound test, just to get his name in the book.....

That being said, there is only ONE record that matters, and that is 5.3...everything else is not THE world record to me...

CrappiePappy
02-24-2008, 10:49 PM
For some reason, the IFGA does not recognize that as the world record. :confused:

that they don't recognize the Louisiana State Record of 6lbs (Black Crappie) ... proper proceedures were not followed, in the application for record status (if they were even applied for).
Several other states list State Records for Black Crappie, at 5lbs ... but they aren't in the IGFA record books either. Can't confirm it ... but, several sites list the IGFA World Record Black Crappie as being 5lbs 1oz (state where caught was not mentioned).

IGFA DOES have a line class catagory ... also has a "all tackle" catagory !! http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:OTK_mKiHqU0J:www.igfa.org/BookRule2004.pdf+igfa+rules&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

... cp :cool:

BamaMan
02-25-2008, 12:33 AM
Did you guys run him off?:D That was his first post and I did not get to welcome him to the forum.:) Trigerzzz do you have a photo of that big crappie?:confused:

Later
BamaMan

joejv4
02-25-2008, 09:31 AM
Did you guys run him off?:D That was his first post and I did not get to welcome him to the forum.:) Trigerzzz do you have a photo of that big crappie?:confused:

Later
BamaMan

Yeah... I'm just wanting to see a photo of a monster slab... don't really care about records or if one group or another recognizes it as a record, but if it was over 4 pounds, I'd love to see a photo. NY state record is only 3lb, 12 oz. - our growing season is a lot shorter than it is south of here.

thehines
02-25-2008, 09:35 AM
Anybody ever hear back from this World record catcher???

greatthosu
02-25-2008, 10:22 AM
4 lb. 10.0 oz. --in., San Carlos Lake
Az. state record black crappie.

thehines
02-25-2008, 10:24 AM
Anybody else find this funny that he has only one post then never came back???

deathb4disco
02-25-2008, 11:02 AM
Anybody else find this funny that he has only one post then never came back???

He may yet be back, but I'm not holding my breath. If you Google "trigerzzz", you will find him. :D

I've always been curious about some of the people who post here. "Crappiekingnorcal" is one of them. He has 15 total posts, 14 of which were made in this one thread which he resurrected after it had been dead for TWO YEARS:

http://crappie.com/crappie/showthread.php?t=6754&page=7

He hasn't been seen since.

Another guy is "croppy1" who is best known for starting this thread (and a couple of others) on shrimp:

http://crappie.com/crappie/showthread.php?t=18608

He posted 81 times and disappeared -- hasn't logged in since November 2006.

Go figure. :confused:

pstone
02-25-2008, 11:22 AM
Croppie1 is a friend of mine, he is legit, and so are his shrimp bits... I don't know about the other guy....

deathb4disco
02-25-2008, 01:28 PM
Croppie1 is a friend of mine, he is legit, and so are his shrimp bits... I don't know about the other guy....

Oh, I never doubted his legitimacy -- just wondered why he stopped posting.

pstone
02-25-2008, 01:45 PM
he needed more time for other things in his life. LOL, he was just man enough to quit getting on here every day.....I'm not...

deathb4disco
02-25-2008, 01:51 PM
LOL, he was just man enough to quit getting on here every day.....I'm not...

Me neither! :D

DRPEPPER
02-25-2008, 02:06 PM
Me neither! :D

Me three!!