Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dissapointed at Gander Mountain today.....

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dissapointed at Gander Mountain today.....

Took the Honey to Jackson, Tn today to gander around Gander Mountain. They had a G. Loomis seminar going on. We didn't attend any talks. Honey can't hear and I already know how to catch fishes.

Really took Brenda to get her out of the house before she wore a rut in the carpet from pacing before the big round ball game. Also wanted to look at a 1197.

No 1197 were available. In fact, both the Humminbird displays were inoperable. I guess the units had all the beeps pushed out of 'em. I wanted to touch, feel, smell one of these units before I fend for one.

There is a shortage of these units for some reason. I suspect ..... maybe propaganda? Sure makes for a good sales pitch. Big demand sells.

More likely problems getting stuff out of China. yep. That's it.

I really am starting to enjoy retirement, however Brenda keeps on trying to give me away. We stopped by Richard Williams the other week and she tried to get Richard to take me for a few days. Then she tried to give me to Grizzly Gigs for a few days, now today, she tried to give me away to Gander Mountain. Don't understand this woman at all sometimes.

We had a grand time.

Tom
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Cane Pole, when you figure out ANY woman for more than a few seconds, please e-mail me with your secret. Might even pay for it.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Hope the Gander Mountain up there is better than the one here....
    Called there looking for a tm mounted tranducer for my Eagle.... "sure we got it.. come on down"....got there and no tranducer...."No problem we can order you one... take a few days".... 3 weeks later..."sorry we cant order that"...
    Bought some crappie weights there (5#'s worth).... went back to get more for my crappie buddy and they were out... so I asked when they would have more.... "we are not going to order those... dont sell that many"....
    So I dont go there anymore.....
    Now I will get down off my soap box... my 2 cents worth....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieTexan View Post
    Hope the Gander Mountain up there is better than the one here....
    Called there looking for a tm mounted tranducer for my Eagle.... "sure we got it.. come on down"....got there and no tranducer...."No problem we can order you one... take a few days".... 3 weeks later..."sorry we cant order that"...
    Bought some crappie weights there (5#'s worth).... went back to get more for my crappie buddy and they were out... so I asked when they would have more.... "we are not going to order those... dont sell that many"....
    So I dont go there anymore.....
    Now I will get down off my soap box... my 2 cents worth....
    CT, don't know if GM had a particular transducer you wanted but:http://www.lei-extras.com/store/prod...p?Family=Eagle just about has them all. I used to order from GM back in the late 80's early 90's, but since they sunk down past sending the big catalog, I've not bought anything from them. One thing I will say, I'm still wearing some long sleeve casual shirts to work I bought from them in '92.......dye ain't faded much either.......gonna hate to retire them.
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Tom - Brenda and yourself are fine examples for what I want out of life with my wife. You two exude contagious happiness. What's the secret? Keeping quiet and doing what your told?:p
    "To catch fish, you gotta be on the fish!"

Post Thanks / Like

Closest Bps's and Cabelas are over 3 hrs from me, so I shop the Gander Mountain in Erie PA frequently. They are a smaller store compared to the big boys, but I have nothing but praise for them.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Gander Mtn is maybe 45 minutes from the house, and I like most their hunting stuff better than BPS, but for fishing, I don't think they can compare. BPS has them beat for fishing hands-down. The other problem I have with Gander Mtn, is they don't have a website that you can order from. At least with BPS and Cabelas, you can go online and see what they've got and get an idea of price before buying. With Gander, you have to go to the store to see what they carry.

Grizz, I heard that they were building a BPS out your way soon. Once you've got one close to home, it's hard to fight off the bait monkey. Until they put one in Auburn, and I was limited to pretty much what they carry at Wal-Mart, I never used to buy a whole lot of hunting & fishing stuff. Now I've got one 20 minutes from home, I buy enough stuff to keep me in the "preferred" rewards membership. Funny thing is, now that I buy more stuff, I actually USE more stuff. Scary! I'm going to their kickoff for what they're calling their "Spring Spectacular" this Friday. It's for preferred members only, and they're giving away fishing line (300 yd spools), and door prizes, and refreshments.... Oh yeah, and double reward points on anything the bait monkey makes me buy while I'm there

I have to be careful when I go there, sometimes I get lost looking at stuff and lose track of time. There's always a chance my wife might file a missing person's report. LOL!

Post Thanks / Like

I usually leave Gander Mtn disappointed. There is one 45 mins away I've been in twice and I don't like it. There is one in Mooresville that is OK but since Lake Norman is right there, they have a decent selection of boat/fishing stuff and a live bait shop. Bass Pro is 1 hr away and I like it. I'll just stick with Bass Pro and once in a while I like to go to Lowe's Motor Speedway and the Harley-Davidson place.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joejv4 View Post
    Gander Mtn is maybe 45 minutes from the house, and I like most their hunting stuff better than BPS, but for fishing, I don't think they can compare. BPS has them beat for fishing hands-down. The other problem I have with Gander Mtn, is they don't have a website that you can order from. At least with BPS and Cabelas, you can go online and see what they've got and get an idea of price before buying. With Gander, you have to go to the store to see what they carry.

Grizz, I heard that they were building a BPS out your way soon. Once you've got one close to home, it's hard to fight off the bait monkey. Until they put one in Auburn, and I was limited to pretty much what they carry at Wal-Mart, I never used to buy a whole lot of hunting & fishing stuff. Now I've got one 20 minutes from home, I buy enough stuff to keep me in the "preferred" rewards membership. Funny thing is, now that I buy more stuff, I actually USE more stuff. Scary! I'm going to their kickoff for what they're calling their "Spring Spectacular" this Friday. It's for preferred members only, and they're giving away fishing line (300 yd spools), and door prizes, and refreshments.... Oh yeah, and double reward points on anything the bait monkey makes me buy while I'm there

I have to be careful when I go there, sometimes I get lost looking at stuff and lose track of time. There's always a chance my wife might file a missing person's report. LOL!
    I have been to a bunch of BPS's Joe and there is always the problem of me spending a whole day browsing the fishing section and not getting anything else done. I realize that GM's don't compare, but when thats all I have locally I sure appreciate it. The problem with the BPS they want to build in Buffalo is that they are dealing with the liberal commie pinko NY democrat morons that will keep them tied up in red tape till 2015. I'm not holding my breath for that store. I will probably be long gone down south by then where they have BPS's on every corner.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Gander Mtn.

Gander Mountain has never impressed me. The one I live by all the people in there don't give a hoot about you.
    "Even a fish wouldn't get into trouble if he kept his mouth shut."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast