Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bobber Stopper Help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bobber Stopper Help

Fellow fishermen/women:

I have attached a couple of pics of what I know them as "bobber stoppers". I cannot for the life of me find them anywhere here in San Diego county and was only able to get them in Illinois.

I was hoping someone out there know their proper name and more importantly, a website where I can buy a bunch of them. Thanks for any insight !!!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Common sense isn't so common

Post Thanks / Like

BPS has them

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the quick response...I'll go look around..I tried earlier but lost patience. Thanks !!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pucker'd View Post
    Fellow fishermen/women:

I have attached a couple of pics of what I know them as "bobber stoppers". I cannot for the life of me find them anywhere here in San Diego county and was only able to get them in Illinois.

I was hoping someone out there know their proper name and more importantly, a website where I can buy a bunch of them. Thanks for any insight !!!

I hate them things! i feel that you'd be better off w/ the stringd or spinner bait skirtsif you use the strings you can put on 2 and use 1 to stop your cork and 1 to measure depth. just my 2 cents
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

Them Bass pro type has worked good for me for the past 15 years. Here is Link of something different that I have bought from walmart.

http://www.bobberstops.com/index.php...current_page=1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stinkies daddy View Post
    I hate them things! i feel that you'd be better off w/ the stringd or spinner bait skirtsif you use the strings you can put on 2 and use 1 to stop your cork and 1 to measure depth. just my 2 cents
    I tried the string'd and didn't like them...to each their own I guess :D I've never had any issues with the plastic ones other than the fact you can't find them in any Walmart or bait shop here in southern cali.

I just ordered 100 of them from BPS. I think I'm good for awhile..

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know what I'm doing wrong,But what keeps your line from hanging on them when you cast? I can get the least knot in my line & 9out of 10 times it will hang up when I cast,So what keeps it from hanging when you use them????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bentpole View Post
    Don't know what I'm doing wrong,But what keeps your line from hanging on them when you cast? I can get the least knot in my line & 9out of 10 times it will hang up when I cast,So what keeps it from hanging when you use them????
    Fortunately, I've never had that issue...97% of all my casts are underhand or sidearm, maybe that has somethin to do with it

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Hanging in the guides ??

Quote Originally Posted by bentpole View Post

Is that the problem ?? It's one reason I don't often use slip floats & bobber stops for casting purposes. A rod with oversized guides is a help, but I'm not in the market for "more" rods :p .... preferring to make do with the ones I already have :D

I've used the "dog bone" ones (like you have pictured) and the "ladder" ones (like in your BPS link) and the rubber core/bead on a wire loop. All of them have a tendancy to hang in the tip eye, on occasion, on the cast or the retrieve.

Tips :
    don't try and cast them very far
    lob cast, rather than wrist-snap cast
    when fish is on/being retrieved ... watch for bobber stop, and dip your rod tip just as bobber stop is about to enter the tip eye (creating momentary slack in line, just long enough for bobber stop to pass thru tip eye)

... cp

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast