Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Easter Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Easter Crappie

I went to my grandparent's as we do every Easter after church and they live on a private lake. Headed out for a bit of fishing in the evening and had better than expected results. The bluegill and crappie were hitting very well despite the cold, clouds, and low water temps. I caught about a dozen of each in a little over an hour from the bank around brush. All were caught on 1/32 oz. tube jigs of various color with crappie nibbles. I wasn't prepared to keep any so they are all still swimming, but I hope to string up a few tomorrow night. Biggest bluegill was about 8" and biggest crappie was 12".

Hoping the weather report sticks for the weekend so I can get up to MTL for the first time this spring and pull some out of the muddy water.

Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, they really quit on me. Went back on Tuesday, which was a much nicer day being sunny and about 65, and the fish were not biting. The barometer was dropping as a new front was moving in so I'll attribute that to the lack of action. I did catch 2 crappie, 1 bluegill, and 2 bass. Several other people were fishing nearby and the results were similar. Hope things pick back up here soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Default front

something sure was up with the fish, seemed like the worse the weather was the better the fishing was for us too, didnt catch as many early this week as we did this weekend...................they musta been playin golf or somethin

Post Thanks / Like

Went fishing both days this weekend. Saturday went to Mark Twain and it was SLOW. Crappie tourney was in progress and most of the guys we saw/talked to were doing very poor. Lots of short fish. We caught about 30 and kept 10.

On Sunday I went to my grandparents again and we did pretty well. Fished bass and crappie and caught some of both. Brought home 9 crappie and 4 big bluegill to eat. If it stays warm they should really get going here soon.