Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reelfoot Crappie

felix1985 Guest

Default Reelfoot Crappie

I just joined the forum here and i'm excited to be a part of the community here. I have a question for all the crappie pros on here. I have a trip planned to go to Reelfoot lake in late april for a 4 day weekend trip. Has anyone fished reelfoot for crappie that time of the year before and if so do you have any pointers for me? How was your fishing experience there?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reelfoot

My suggestion for you is to spider rig slow with minnows, tight line [ no floats ] if you can't do that try trolling slow.
    If you don't like to do that try sitting still and put poles out all around the boat, and if no bites move about 20 yards and sit again.
    You can always try shallow and fish around trees or liddy pads, watch out for snakes and wasp.
    Reelfoot is great crappie lake and the restaurants have very good food, you'll enjoy your trip.
    Good luck..............crappie cowboy
    Last edited by crappie cowboy; 02-23-2008 at 02:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have not fish there yet and can not wait give it a try one day. My problem is....I would have to pass Kentucky Lake on the way. Just can't do it...

I have always been told to rent a boat there and leave your boat at home.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site!
    You might want to check out the tennessee state board,there a bunch of guy that fish reelfoot on there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slab-happy View Post
    I have not fish there yet and can not wait give it a try one day. My problem is....I would have to pass Kentucky Lake on the way. Just can't do it...

I have always been told to rent a boat there and leave your boat at home.

You received good advise if you don't fish this lake much. The crappie fishing there is really good, but I can't seem to get off KY lake to go there either. Really cool place though if you enjoy different scenery.

Post Thanks / Like

The time of year you are going should be great. Just drift with the wind. Set out a few rods and have at it. If the wind is pushing you to fast, use a drift sock or a drag chain. Have fun...it is a great lake.
    Sponsored by my wallet!!

Post Thanks / Like

we are leaving to go down there march 13th, worse than a kid at Christmas. I was there once before but with a bunch of clowns that were more worried about eating than fishing. this time just two fishermen that don't have sense to get off the lake. If we have any success I will pass it on. Planning on hitting the upper basin and checking out grooms point on the lower basin. In the process of ordering some spittin image popeyes and will be using jigs and minnows. Any advice will be appreciated. thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

also, reading the post above, I am not very smart, how do I get to the TN board? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jhaskell View Post
    also, reading the post above, I am not very smart, how do I get to the TN board? Thanks.
    go to the main page and click on state message boards and scroll down.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jhaskell View Post
    hit your back button a couple of times until you see "state message boards" . click on that and you will see all the state boards.
    Early to bed, early to rise,
    Fish like hell, make up lies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast