Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: B'n'M Sam Heatons or BPS Wally Marshall Pro Series

Post Thanks / Like

Default B'n'M Sam Heatons or BPS Wally Marshall Pro Series

I would like to know which crappie pole you like and why. Do you like the B'n'M Sam Heatons or BPS Wally Marshall Pro Series? I have seen both, and I like the feel and the weight of the B'n'M poles. Let me know which ones you like, even if its not one of the ones that I have listed.

Post Thanks / Like

Take a look at the 10.5 ft. Russ Bailey model or the 10 ft. Richard Williams Rods from B'n'm. I had a 10ft. Sam Heaton and an 8ft. Wally Marshall and I think they are heavier than the Bailey/Williams rods.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 4 Sam Heatons and I love them, I bought 1 Wally Marshall last year with a Wally Marshall reel, when I got home the reel would not work right when I got it out of the box, put another reel on it and went fishing the next day, broke the Wally Marshall pole on the second fish I caught, took it back to the store and swapped it for a Sam Heaton, I will never own Wally Marshall junk again, not allowed in my boat. When I confronted the store people about my problem I was told " we know the Wally Marshall stuff is not that good, but we have to push that brand".

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up bnm

Can not go wrong with bnm. That is all I have in my boat with the exception of a few richard williams rods. I have used them now about 7 yrs and only broke 2 and they replaced them for me. Bnm all the way.

Post Thanks / Like

I have one Sam Heaton, a couple BnM West Point rods and a couple BnM Crappie Wizard rods. All are 11/12'. So far I like the crappie wizard the best, followed by the Sam Heaton then the West Point rods.
    I have one Wally Marshall 5'6" spinning rod. I bought it as a combo and the only problem I had was the reel. I threw that away and put a better reel on the rod. I have had no problems with the rod.

Post Thanks / Like

Have six Sam Heaton and one Wally Marshall. Sam Heaton all the way, light, sensitive, only problem is a little bit fragile.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a spread of the Wally Marshal Tightline Specials, and they are very tough rods. May be a little heavy, but durable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Trihull View Post
    Have six Sam Heaton and one Wally Marshall. Sam Heaton all the way, light, sensitive, only problem is a little bit fragile.
    Agreed
    Stinkies Daddy

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have both....I like the BnM rods a lot better...The WM rods are too heavy and you can't buy replacement tips for WM.
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

I have just about every rod BnM makes, and in my opinion, The Sam's Super Sensitive in 11' is just about the perfect rod.

I spend most of my time vertical jigging though, so different rods for different kinds of fishing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast