Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Chickamauga Lake Crappie Report

FishingFool Guest

Default Chickamauga Lake Crappie Report

Guys I have been fishing the last 3 Sundays and have caught some really nice fish in the deeper waters, even though I know they are heading shallow. On the 6th of March I, along with two buddies, caught 47 keepers, with several approaching 2 lbs. On the 13 I caught 37, with the same amount of really big slabs. Would have boated more but had a trolling motor malfunction. On Easter Sunday I boated 25, with one big monster that is going to be mounted. The wind was really up so it made it hard to drift or troll. Temps are around 60 in the water so I assume they are heading shallow in a hurry. I have two questions; anyone know when TVA is going to raise to lake so the crappie can get to cover and how are you guys rigging to go shallow? I use a combination of minnows and grubs but find it hard to troll in 4 to 6 feet of water with a river sinker on. Any suggestions? Shallow water fishing, other than brush is new to me for crappie. I've never seen the water this shallow this late in the year. Any help with rigging will be appreciated..... :p

Post Thanks / Like

Default Raising the water level

Quote Originally Posted by FishingFool
    Guys I have been fishing the last 3 Sundays and have caught some really nice fish in the deeper waters, even though I know they are heading shallow. On the 6th of March I, along with two buddies, caught 47 keepers, with several approaching 2 lbs. On the 13 I caught 37, with the same amount of really big slabs. Would have boated more but had a trolling motor malfunction. On Easter Sunday I boated 25, with one big monster that is going to be mounted. The wind was really up so it made it hard to drift or troll. Temps are around 60 in the water so I assume they are heading shallow in a hurry. I have two questions; anyone know when TVA is going to raise to lake so the crappie can get to cover and how are you guys rigging to go shallow? I use a combination of minnows and grubs but find it hard to troll in 4 to 6 feet of water with a river sinker on. Any suggestions? Shallow water fishing, other than brush is new to me for crappie. I've never seen the water this shallow this late in the year. Any help with rigging will be appreciated..... :p
    I heard from a bait shop on Hwy 58 that they plan on raising the water May 1st! I am a teacher at CHS and fish mainly from the bank if you ever have an open spot in the boat I would love to go! E mail me at [email protected].

FishingFool Guest

Default Nice ones

Hey guy,
    Went to the lake yesterday and found crappie all over the place. Some were in water as shallow as 4 feet while I caught my limit in 25 feet by drifting. I took a ride to Chester Frost park and found a hot spot just off the boat ramp in 12 feet, dropping to 18. The largest I boated yesterday was 1lb14oz but she was a beauty! I caught a bunch in the 1lb to 1.5 range...

javelin389 Guest

I been fishing for the past week and nothing. Took my boat out last sunday and caught a good sunburn thats about it. Just got a fishfinder put on today so hopefully it will go better next time. I just hope they raise the water its hard to drive a outboard trimmed all the way up and the skeg is dragging in mud. jwateacher3 what do you teach I graduated from central in 2000.