Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What lakes do you fish?

Post Thanks / Like

Default What lakes do you fish?

Was wondering what lakes everyone fishes for crappie & gills.I my self mainly fish Mott Lake & Holloway for crappie.Thinking about hitting Wixom,Secord & maybe Stony Creek this spring.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gills and Crappies

In the past I hardly ever fished for either but when I did I hit these lakes in Oakland county; Loon Lake, Lake Orion, Deer Lake, Maceday, and Pontiac Lake.

Post Thanks / Like

I either fish WhiteLake, Duck Lake or Muskegon Lake in Muskegon Co.

Don't catch alot, but I fish em.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

just about any lake in mid michigan.
    mostly , jordan,morrison,middle and,dickerson.
    also spend time on houghton and long lake up north and have been experimenting a little on gun lake.
    fillet em n fry em
    john

Post Thanks / Like

Default Safe ice or not

I fish any lake that will have me mostly in southern Michigan. Have not been out this year because i'm not sure how safe the Ice is. My ponds been freezing and thowing. I'm in Northern Ohio. Any news on ice thickness will be appreciated.

twalt66 Guest

Default Fishing Spots

Tony,

I fish the Huron River system alot. Lakes like Strawberry, Portage, Little Portage, and all the other satelite lakes of the river. Great fishing from April to June. I haven't fished for crappie much on this river system, but some guys at work do all the time and they slay them.

Post Thanks / Like

i fish secord, wixom, ross,smallwood, and sanford lakes from ice out till freeze up and do great, they are all part of the tittabawassee and tobacco/cedar river chain and hold lots of specks,, and if you hit the right spot i have seen them as big as 19 1/2 inches,, my favorite of those lakes provides me with 12 - 15 inchers all summer with a few in the 16+ range every year
    It is not about the equipment you have to use,
    It is about how you use the equipment you have. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Secord & Wixom are on my list this year.Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

i would not try secord on a weekend, unless you do it very early in the year, it is very narrow, and I do not think I have ever seen that many crazy boaters on a lake before
    what really scared me was people towing kids on tubes, pray they do not fall off...I only fished it once and will never go back unless it is during the week.
    fillet em n fry em
    john