Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Double Rigging

PHISHAMON Guest

Default Double Rigging

Does Anyone Know About How Much Line To Let Out--while Trolling Doublerigged Jigheads. My Lines Keep Hanging Up On Bottom. I'm Using 1/32 On Top And 1/16 On Bottom. My Trolling Speed Is About 1-2. I Read On An Earlier Post That The More Line Out Creates Bouancy. How Much??????? By The Way I'm New To The Post--so i,m not sure how to post messages.

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen your post on a couple other threads this morning. I think you have got it right now.
    I don't troll too much but, I cast a lot rigged like you describe. I am assumming you know the depth of the water you are fishing. so I am going to suggest you have the heavier jig on a longer leader. And naturally, I retreive as slow as I can.
    Welcome to the sight.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

PHISHAMON Guest

Thanks--i Appreciate The Info--and Yep I Noticed I've Got A Few Duplicates Out There.:-) I'm Almost Ready To Throw A Cork On The Lines. It's Frustrating Because The System Works Like A Charm--but I Sure Do Alot Of Rigging When Im Using It Because Of Dragging Bottom--guess I'm Gonna Have To Increase Trolling Speed Somemore--i Just Don't Wont To Outrun The Fish.lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Why not just troll with two 1/32 heads? I like a med. sized weighted bobber when I use two 1/32 heads
    Last edited by Kygent.; 02-22-2008 at 09:07 AM. Reason: another suggestion

Post Thanks / Like

How are you tying on the jigs? Are your jigs hanging on the bottom or is the jig getting hung up in your line?
    Brush Buster

PHISHAMON Guest

I Tie On 1/16 On Bottom And A 1/32 Liter About 2 Foot Up

PHISHAMON Guest

If I Tied On Two 1/32 The Top Liter Would'nt Fly---would It?

PHISHAMON Guest

The Jig Is Definitely Grabbing Bottom Cause It Hangs-breaks-then All I End Up With Is My Top 1/32 Liter.

East TN, Douglas,Cherokee,Watuga and South Holston
    Post Thanks / Like

How deep is the water you are fishing with this weight you need to troll in water at least 15-20 feet deep also the speed did you say 1.0 to 2.0 mpg or .1 to .2

if you are trolling in the 1.0 to 2.0 range you are moving pretty fasy i troll at .7 to .9
    with a 1/8 oz jig and only get about 12-15 feet deep.
    Speck

Real men troll for crappie (Here Fishy Fishy !)

Post Thanks / Like

I use two 1/32 almost exclusively (trolling or casting) and never had any problems with the jigs not tracking correctly. Sometimes if you get the jig body on crooked if might tend to twirl if you troll too fast.

Not sure of the knot name I use for the upper jig (wrap line around 3 fingers 3 times and take outside wrap under the other two and pull tight). The bottom knot is a surgeons loop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast