Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what a disaster!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy what a disaster!!!

My looked forward trip to Georgia, was a fiasco.Got there Sunday afternoonSunday night, 2+ inches of rain. Monday, cool,SW winds nearing 30 mph most of the day, no fishing. Tuesday, west winds around 20 mph, creek where I was docked was actually red from mud,and loaded with debris. Wednesday, went to another area, clearer water, like a pale yellow, and S winds about 10 to 15, spider rigged about 5 hrs, one hit. Thursday. was going to launch at another ramp where the watwer was cleaner,got the boat loaded, and here came the rain, the forcast called for chance of rain on thursday, this was supposed to happen in the late afternoon, the forcast called for rain on friday, called my son and asked him to google me the forcast for the weather, no internet connection at his lake house, forcast, up to 2 inches of rain on friday,Its now friday, and I'm home here in southern ky,When I filled up the truck and boat the fuel hwere was 2.95, when I got to the lake it 3.19.Looks like its gonna be a long summer, some pundits are already talking 4 buck fuel.

Post Thanks / Like

Boy howdy you sure didnt have any luck. Wish we could get that rain here though
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like one disappointing trip.
    Take your kids hunting and fishing, and you won't be hunting your kids

Post Thanks / Like

Reminds me of the old He Haw song "If it were'nt for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all". I've been on a couple of those trips. Wait till next time.

A day late, a dollar short and two drinks behind.

Post Thanks / Like

Larry, Sorry you had bad luck. You didnt mess anything here either!
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

I hate it when that happens.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

Default Been there, done that.

I had a similar trip last year to Kentucky Lake. I had looked forward to that trip for a whole year. I got there after a 400 mile drive four hours later than planned due to a dumb mistake on my part that I won't get into. We fished that first evening and caught a few fish. I thought, okay , this is going to be a good week. The next day fishing was hindered somewhat due to weather. The second full day it is storming bad. Things finally start to break about 10:30 am. We head out, put the boat in but fish close to the ramp because the clouds are piling up again. Sure enough we have to get off the water and back into the truck due to the storm. An hour later that passes and we are back on the water. Before I can get a line in the water I start having terrible chest pain. Long story short I end up in Lourdes Hospital in Paducah with a light heart attack. That was April 9. April 20 I had triple bypass surgery in Ashland, KY which is 25 miles from my home. That pretty much wiped out my whole year given the heat and drought we suffered last summer. I am fine now. Don't worry my friend, better days and times are ahead of us. I do hate you had a wasted trip but our experinces will help us appreciate the good trips even more!!!

Post Thanks / Like

That's the problem with traveling long distances to fish. The weather's always a crap shoot. My last two fishing road trips have resulted in some pretty poor fishing. I'm staying closer to home in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

my first trip to Mississippi, 9hr.drive to end up in the parking lot of a quick stop in grenada two cops hands on ther glocks and me in there sites,,,, oh and i only caught 2 fish windy rainy and low water april 2007 and the money wasnt eaven fake.

Post Thanks / Like

The good thing is, it should just get better.
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast