Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dad will give seminars at Hazlewood, Cabelas

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Dad will give seminars at Hazlewood, Cabelas

Dad will be giving seminars on both saturday and sunday at the Hazelwood Cabela's at 12:00 for anyone who is interested. For a little background information that was requested we started fishing tournaments together in 2003. We have competed in over 50 tournaments with Crappie USA. Since 2005 we have fished 23 Crappie USA tournaments with 21 top 10's, 13 top 5's and six wins including a regional and a classic. We have also won the regional points championship 4 times and we won a national points championship this year. We have also picked up wins in Crappie Masters and other trails. We are on 11 prostaffs and work more and more every year promoting the thing that we all love. CRAPPIE FISHING. If there is any addional background information needed let me know and I will do my best.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tab View Post
    Dad will be giving seminars on both saturday and sunday at the Hazelwood Cabela's at 12:00 for anyone who is interested. For a little background information that was requested we started fishing tournaments together in 2003. We have competed in over 50 tournaments with Crappie USA. Since 2005 we have fished 23 Crappie USA tournaments with 21 top 10's, 13 top 5's and six wins including a regional and a classic. We have also won the regional points championship 4 times and we won a national points championship this year. We have also picked up wins in Crappie Masters and other trails. We are on 11 prostaffs and work more and more every year promoting the thing that we all love. CRAPPIE FISHING. If there is any addional background information needed let me know and I will do my best.

Hello

My name is Duane. I go by CrappieHead on Crappie.com. I would love to see some of you Pro's to give a seminar on using fishfinders. That would help more weekend fishermen than any other type seminars.
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Amen crappiehead!
    Take your kids hunting and fishing, and you won't be hunting your kids

Post Thanks / Like

Have you checked out the Humminbird's? The side imaging is outstanding. There more traditional graphs are excellent to but with the side imaging you can find so mush stuff. I have learned more about loz in a week than I had before in ten years. I will try to help you on any graph though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tab View Post
    Have you checked out the Humminbird's? The side imaging is outstanding. There more traditional graphs are excellent to but with the side imaging you can find so mush stuff. I have learned more about loz in a week than I had before in ten years. I will try to help you on any graph though.

I do not have the money for them new Humminbird w/side imaging. I have a Humminbird 400 now would like to move up to a 595 or 700's.

I would be willing to hire a guide if he would take out my boat and show me things on what I use, to use it better and how to find the fish better.
    Duane

Post Thanks / Like

Crappiehead I'm with you. You watch all the shows and they say use your electronics but never really explain what your looking for. I must say my biggest problem was/is not trusting what I see. After talking to a pro from a popular trolling motor/dept-finder repair shop here I am more confident that all the little fishes or arcs were fish even if your not getting any bites. I need a better understanding of the lines at the top and bottom of the graph. I have a grasp of the hard and soft bottom but the line at the water line is a mystery. Also, I get a line that runs diagonally every once in a while and some say it is my line. I just don't know.
    And as for as a side view, that is not in the budget. I have a simple L-51 that I purchased with the boat.
    Look forward to this weather to break and be able to get out and try it again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieCoz View Post
    Crappiehead I'm with you. You watch all the shows and they say use your electronics but never really explain what your looking for. I must say my biggest problem was/is not trusting what I see. After talking to a pro from a popular trolling motor/dept-finder repair shop here I am more confident that all the little fishes or arcs were fish even if your not getting any bites. I need a better understanding of the lines at the top and bottom of the graph. I have a grasp of the hard and soft bottom but the line at the water line is a mystery. Also, I get a line that runs diagonally every once in a while and some say it is my line. I just don't know.
    And as for as a side view, that is not in the budget. I have a simple L-51 that I purchased with the boat.
    Look forward to this weather to break and be able to get out and try it again.
    I have talked to several guides. At the time they used different brand fishfinder than what I had. More are going to humminbird's now. I do not have $1000-$2000 for a fishfinder. I am luck I have a boat with a motor that runs that is paid off.

If I went out and bought a $1000-2000 fishfind I would have to fish from my yard as I would not have gas money
    Last edited by CrappieHead; 02-22-2008 at 01:14 AM.
    Duane

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with ya Crappie head on this statement you made (not sure how to copy quotes like you all do)

I would be willing to hire a guide if he would take out my boat and show me things on what I use, to use it better and how to find the fish better.

Anyway, would like for someone that knows, tell me what I am seeing on my graph.
    Mark

Pitching jigs, catching slabs, life is good

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieHead View Post

BINGO !
    I'd be willing to pay for that as well... as long as he doesn't cuss my 12 yr old boat too much ! If somebody like Cabelas set up something like this I'd be willing to buy a new set of electronics from them plus the on-water "tutorial".
    Teach your kids to hunt and fish and you won't have to hunt for your kids !!

Post Thanks / Like

tab, will you guys be in cloumbia,mo.at the ( bps) spring show again,,,,???
    IT'S 5--O-CLOCK SOMEWHERE,,,MIKE-p

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast