Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Reminder - Jiffy Jigs Tournament at Lake Oconee this weekend - 4/2/2005

Post Thanks / Like

Default Reminder - Jiffy Jigs Tournament at Lake Oconee this weekend - 4/2/2005

Just wanted to post a reminder for those interested.

There is a Jiffy Jigs tournament this upcoming weekend at Lake Oconee on 4/2/2005. The registration will be done at JR's Marina at Lick Creek.

The cost is $ 50 to register per boat ($ 10 goes to Biggest Fish) and the Weigh-In site is at JR's Marina.

Here are the details from the Jiffy Jigs website (www.jiffyjigs.com)

CRAPPIE TOURNAMENT
    TEAM EVENT (2 PERSON PER BOAT)

SPONSORED BY JIFFY JIGS
    ENTRY FEE WILL BE $50.00 PER TEAM $10.00 GOES TO THE BIG FISH POT PER TEAM
    HOURS 7:00AM - 3:00PM
    WEIGH IN BY 4:00PM AT JR'S BAIT AND TACKLE
    WEIGH IN LIMIT 7 FISH ALIVE

PAYOUT 1 OUT OF 4

LAKE OCONEE
    January 15 2005
    February 19 2005
    March 19 2005
    April 02 2005
    May 14 2005
    June 11 2005

DAY OF TOURNAMENT
    All contestants receive 10% discount for breakfast at JR's Restaurant
    Boat must be inspected at JR's Bait & Tackle from 5:30-6:00 the day of the tournament.
    You can then launch at any ramp on the Lake Oconee.

ALL ENTRANTS ARE SUBJECT TO BEING TESTED BY POLYGRAPH
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Default GaBoy - Oconee

GaBoy - can not make the tournement but did go past Friday. Did you make it over there? I saw one boat, one person, over on the Appalachee side up from Swords that could have been you. I was motoring into a cove and looked back too late and noticed a boat slow trolling in the mouth of the cove between the channel and trees. When we came out the boat was gone and never saw another that I though might have been you. We had a slowwww day, but late in afternoon it picked up and we were able to catch a few -- fortunately all but two of our fish were really nice ones, just not enough of em. JimA

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jim -

I did make it up that way on Friday....

We started off at Blue Springs and started trolling pretty much immediately and went up the Oconee River side, near Redlands.....we were in the same situation as you apparently....we didn't catch much in the morning, but they turned on in the afternoon.....all the fish we did catch were of great quality though.....I enjoyed it very much fishing up that way.....

P.S. That is too bad about the tournament, it should be a good time.....hopefully, I will get to meet a few people there.....

Quote Originally Posted by JimA
    GaBoy - can not make the tournement but did go past Friday. Did you make it over there? I saw one boat, one person, over on the Appalachee side up from Swords that could have been you. I was motoring into a cove and looked back too late and noticed a boat slow trolling in the mouth of the cove between the channel and trees. When we came out the boat was gone and never saw another that I though might have been you. We had a slowwww day, but late in afternoon it picked up and we were able to catch a few -- fortunately all but two of our fish were really nice ones, just not enough of em. JimA
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oconee

GB - I like it up that way too, but I used to live just outside Athens and Redlands was only 30 min from my house -- spent many hours, even had time after work, up the two rivers. Just got in the habit of going there or Richland so still go back. Usually do not fish weekends, can't stand fishing in a flotilla. Appreciate the Jiffy website. Their snacks look like what I got in Gray and have already caught fish on. In fact, Fri I think the fish seem to prefer the smaller lure. Glad to have another source. Out the door for a few days - touring Sapalo Is -- may even drive thru Vidalia and try to find Jiffy. Good luck Sat.
    ***Having trouble with website -- not sure if this will post, double post, etc.***