Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Kerr Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kerr Report

I left home at 4:15 Sat. A.M. and stopped at BIBT at 7 to get minnows where I ran into Dave waiting for his party for the day.
    I stopped by to see "Crappie Crossing" and what a great guy he is. We talked crappie fishing for awhile and I found out that he fishes brush all the time and is really not into trolling. He also said he has seen the fishing go down hill a little at Kerr. I can only imagine what it was like for the old-timers (like Dave). CC uses only jigs without minnows and I'm sure he does pretty good .
    Launched at Buffalo, ran straight to the spot of last week's crime but only got got 1 keeper in 30 min. I headed for the back and fished in 4 to 5 ft. water to the left and behind the island.
    I fished till 4:30 and probably caught 60 fish but most were small throw backs. I could have used some help because I lost some good fish trying to handle the multiple hook-ups.
    Anyway, I kept 17 good ones with the biggest being 2lbs.5ozs.,16in., Registerd at BIBT.
    The water was a little muddier than last week but it didn't seem to bother the fish. I did switch to all chartreuse because that worked best.
    No fishing this weekend (wedding,but at least it's not mine) Plan to hit it hard the following weekend.
    Father of 4 time bash winner. At least I'm pretty sure:o

Post Thanks / Like

Brad,

Congratulations again on another nice fish. Email me the pictures of this one and the 2 pound 13 ounce one you got last week and I'll get them posted for all to druel over.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Keith, You got a good one too!
    Father of 4 time bash winner. At least I'm pretty sure:o

Post Thanks / Like

WTG on your good day.
    mike (papermouth scaler)

it's cold.. it's raining....it's too windy...
    "fish on!!!"
    (What a great day for fishing) lol.