Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishing hooks on airplanes

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing hooks on airplanes

Anybody know if you can get through Airport security checkpoints with fish hooks or do i need to check my baits in my luggage. I travel a lot but i only use carry on's to save time.
    Brush Buster

Post Thanks / Like

From the TSA site:

Tackle Equipment - Fishing equipment should be placed in your checked baggage. Some tackle equipment can be considered sharp and dangerous. Expensive reels or fragile tackle such as fly's should be packed in your carry-on baggage.

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...rial_1188.shtm

However, here are some comments from a similar thread on Dan Blanton's board:

"I lost a box of San Juan river flies (size 20-26) at Albuquerque airport because: 'TSA has determined that fish hooks are weapons'.

As others have posted, TSA can do whatever they want to, and there is no arguing with them once some agent has made up their mind."

Size 20-26 flies are TINY. Here's another comment:

"I decided to call TSA's 800 number to confirm. I spoke to a representative. She was not a flyfisher. She told me -- I am not making this up -- that you could carry on flies as long as you didn't include the hooks."

http://www.danblanton.com/viewarchiv...arch200609.php
    Last edited by deathb4disco; 02-21-2008 at 06:33 PM.

Temp. in AZ - back to WYOMING real SOON!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Here's -R-Sign

There is only one thing I can say to this w/o falling off my porch recliner and that is to quote the infamous, notorious, funny and just down right hilarious team of the Blue Collar Group and that is 'Know your Sign' or is it ' Here''s your Sign'. Oh well doesn't matter- you get my drift so to speak.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TooTallWyo View Post
    you get my drift so to speak.
    No, I really don't.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TooTallWyo View Post
    There is only one thing I can say to this w/o falling off my porch recliner and that is to quote the infamous, notorious, funny and just down right hilarious team of the Blue Collar Group and that is 'Know your Sign' or is it ' Here''s your Sign'. Oh well doesn't matter- you get my drift so to speak.
    What in the cornbread "H" is he talkig about?

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking "Here's your sign" .....

http://www.snopes.com/humor/jokes/heresign.asp

is Bill Engvall's trademark joke punch line. It's in reference to statements/questions asked by people, to whom the answer should be obvious. It's basically saying ... that was stupid of you to even say, so here's your sign to wear (Sign says "I'm Stupid").

TooTall was saying that the people that ruled that a "artifical fly hook" was a dangerous weapon, need to wear the sign. He was in danger of falling out of his recliner, due to the scope of the ignorance of the people making that ruling.

.... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy View Post
    http://www.snopes.com/humor/jokes/heresign.asp

is Bill Engvall's trademark joke punch line. It's in reference to statements/questions asked by people, to whom the answer should be obvious. It's basically saying ... that was stupid of you to even say, so here's your sign to wear (Sign says "I'm Stupid").

TooTall was saying that the people that ruled that a "artifical fly hook" was a dangerous weapon, need to wear the sign. He was in danger of falling out of his recliner, due to the scope of the ignorance of the people making that ruling.

.... cp
    Thanks for clearing that up for me. Guess I need to get out moreCause I ain't got a clue who Bill Engvall is,

Post Thanks / Like

bentpole, you need to watch blue collar comedy tour, and let out good ol' laugh.
    "Even a fish wouldn't get into trouble if he kept his mouth shut."

Post Thanks / Like

Last year I've traveled back to San Diego, CA from NC with about 9 rods in my Bazooka case, reels and tackle in my bags I checked in, I also went off of what Deathb4disco posted.
    Proud Veteran, United States Marines

Post Thanks / Like

No problem going to Puerto Vallarta with carry on lures.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast