Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: High Rock 02/20

Post Thanks / Like

Default High Rock 02/20

Start fishing at 10am, about the same time the wind started blowing. Started out fishing brushpiles, caught 1 fish on the first pile then moved to the second pile, 1 more fish. This sucks, started trolling. Quit after 6 hours of fighting the wind, tangles and hang ups without cathing a single fish I went back to the brushpiles. Caught 25 by dark mostly 10''-12'' fish. Fish started out 5' deep over the brush then moved to 13'-17' deep around the brush. All the fish were caught on Chapman Creek 2.5'' Crappie Tubes in Chart/white core or blue/white. Water was stained and 48*-50*. If you like the bigger tubes you ought the check out Chapman Creek's 1.75 and 2.5 tubes.
    http://www.chapmancreek.com/category.aspx?categoryID=85
    http://www.chapmancreek.com/category.aspx?categoryID=51
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

Post Thanks / Like

IIm sure crap-king knew you were going fishing and was doing the WIND DANCE while you were out there. lmao I use similar tubes on the woblehead jig but think I will try some larger ones to see what they will do. Thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like

Crap-king + Wind Dance= Pitiful sight/ lots of wind.:D

Post Thanks / Like

thanks fot the info Nat, some good looking tubes there
    Gilby aka Bill :D

Post Thanks / Like

Default question for Nat!

I think it's funny that we caught all them fish trolling last weekend and you struggled to get 'em trolling today. I doubt the fish have moved much. Did you try it back in the creeks any and were you fishing main lake brush or brush back in creeks? Glad to hear you caught some, especailly the way you killed 'em last Sat. Thanks Nat. see ya

Post Thanks / Like

I try to tell you guys it ain't me - yesterdy was proof
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default fishing

They are calling for light winds Sun. now, so nat and CK must have cancelled fishing plans for that day, ya'll do us a favor and just stay how that day so I can have a peaceful day on the water. PLEASE!!!! and no wind dancing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie12 View Post
    I think it's funny that we caught all them fish trolling last weekend and you struggled to get 'em trolling today. I doubt the fish have moved much. Did you try it back in the creeks any and were you fishing main lake brush or brush back in creeks? Glad to hear you caught some, especailly the way you killed 'em last Sat. Thanks Nat. see ya
    The problem trolling was too much wind and not enough trolling motor. I was marking plenty of bait and fish. The brush piles are in the main lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. Get this full moon and cold snap outta the way and it should pick up bigtime !
    Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. :rolleyes: