Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: need conroe help

aggie_jay Guest

Default need conroe help

Hi guys. I just got a boat and keep it at walden marina. I am crazy about crappie fishing. The only real spots I know in lake conroe are the 1097 bridge. I have heard the lake paula area is good, and have fished it lately without much luck. Could any one help me with some hot spots. I have a Lowrance gps/fish finder....just need to get tips on areas to look for crappie. Tired of comming home with 3 fish. If anyone can help me...i would appreciate it very much. With more experience I promise to posts tips of my own hot spots.

Jay

Post Thanks / Like

Fish the tributaries this time of year. The crappie have moved up the all of the bayous and creeks to spawn. Fish shallow flats with cover or grass beds. Also fish structure in 4-8 foot of water if the shallows aren't paying of. These fronts have moved the fish in the north end of Lake Conroe off their beds. I've been catching them in 4-8 feet of water on structure, fishing 2-4 feet deep. I have caught a few fish in the shallows but not consistently. Hopefully we will have a warming trend this week that will trigger the fish back to there beds.

Post Thanks / Like

hey J did you find em????? I heard it's all you can eat under 1097, or was

aggie_jay Guest

under 1097? I thought they were shallow