Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hey Ed What's up with this board today?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Ed What's up with this board today?

Hey Ed:
    The fourms have been down most of Easter Sunday and I was just wondering if you were trying to set up the new server. The board just came back up but it went down again for me a second ago.

I am hoping that this is still the old fourm's server as it's not faster at all. Tell me that you have not installed the new server yet but tried to and that will explain things.

Might want to give a little announcment on the forum before the next maintainence is preformed as a lot of the guys in the Chat room had no clue what was going on with the main forum's server. Some don't even know what a server is LOL but they all knew that the forum was not working today.

Wish you luck on getting this thing fixed
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

My fault, I have the new server and am preparing to install it. I filled up the Data Base's file syste, while performing a backup, and kaput! If it goes smoothly from here on out, we should be on a new server on Wednesday. Eveything seems to be working now for the implementation, but I've got to work the next two days. Wish me luck for Wednesday night.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

OK Thanks for the input. lets cross the fingers and pray all goes smoothly.

Thanks for the reply. Might want to make a sticky about the new server installation so that everyone knows what's going on and is prepared for whatever might happen. I have noticed that if the people are warned about uncoming server maintainance that they are much more understanding. Lots of guys in the chat room had no idea what was going on yesterday. I tried to explain it to those in the chat room but not everyone from the board can get in there and or knows that we even have a chat room.

Good luck in the move to the new server Wed. Good to see you are back at work. That will help the wife and kids out for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by edhead
    My fault, I have the new server and am preparing to install it. I filled up the Data Base's file syste, while performing a backup, and kaput! If it goes smoothly from here on out, we should be on a new server on Wednesday. Eveything seems to be working now for the implementation, but I've got to work the next two days. Wish me luck for Wednesday night.
    Regards,

Moose1am