Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Curl Tail Grubs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Curl Tail Grubs

Who has the better grubs Kalins or Southern Pro? Which one will keep action the longest as you slow down? Thanks. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Southern Pro by far the best:D
    :cool: thenova70ss

Post Thanks / Like

I have used both and I like the Kalins a little more. But that is just my opinion! Both catch fish and are a good product.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

In my experience Kalins are more expensive and slightly better quality though the southern pros are perfectly fine. They are basically copies of each other and are nearly identical. I believe Kalins were the first and the southern pros are the copies. They both have the thinnest and most active grub tails on the market in panfish grubs except for maybe the triple tips from bass pro and southern pro. I like the trips a lot too. Fish are going to tear the tails off any of them frequently and I've never seen and durability advantages to any of them. The trips are probably a little more easily bit off, but they really swim well and present a slightly different profile.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't tell much of a difference in the two, but I would consider throwing sliders along side them and see what it does to your catch. Seems like I catch a lot more fish since changing to mainly sliders over the curly tails.

Post Thanks / Like

They are thwe same, though Southern Pro has more color options. I also like the AWD version of the K-bait.

Post Thanks / Like

I've discovered WOW Grubs. They're awesome, catch a lot more fish. My tournament partner and I have experimented, there is a difference in plastic baits. The Bobby Garland Hyper tail grubs are excellent as well.

Brad
    Can You Find, "LIMITVILLE!!!" :D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRIZZ View Post
    In my experience Kalins are more expensive and slightly better quality though the southern pros are perfectly fine. They are basically copies of each other and are nearly identical. I believe Kalins were the first and the southern pros are the copies. They both have the thinnest and most active grub tails on the market in panfish grubs except for maybe the triple tips from bass pro and southern pro. I like the trips a lot too. Fish are going to tear the tails off any of them frequently and I've never seen and durability advantages to any of them. The trips are probably a little more easily bit off, but they really swim well and present a slightly different profile.
    Zactly
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

I like Southern Pro, because they have more then just twister tails. And can get them in the 100 pack, cheaper that way.

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Grubs

I SELL AND USE THEM ALL. KALIN'S TRIPPLE THREAT AND SCRUBS, SOUTHERN PRO HOT GRUBS AND TRIPPLE TAILS, SLIDERS, BOBBY GARLAND, WOW GRUBS, AND CRAPPIE DELIGHTS WILL ALL CATCH CRAPPIE. COLORS AND JIG HEAD COLOR COMBINATIONS ARE ALSO IMPORTANT.

EACH OF THE ABOVE BAITS MAY PERFORM DIFFERENT WHEN TROLLING SPEED IS AN ISSUE!

MONKhttp://MONKSCRAPPIE.COM