Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: B & M poles

Post Thanks / Like

Default B & M poles

This morning I decided to go to BPS early and look for some new poles. I've just changed the setup on my boat and it will allow me to have 2 more poles in the front. I was looking at some they had on sale. I have a couple B & M and one of the BPS Sam's something or other, made for them by B & M and have had good success with them. The one's on sale are 12' Santee specials, I think, and the line feeds down the center. I will be using them on the outside of a spider rig, probably with those little bait casting type reels. Has anyone had any experience with the center fed type rods and if so how do they work?
    thanks
    larry

A day late, a dollar short and two drinks behind.

Post Thanks / Like

The pole is designed to reach back into thick cover in shallow water. You can pull your lure up to the end of the pole tip and you have no line exposed to grap brush or sticks as you reach into the cover. I do not think this pole is the best option for spider rigging and/or trolling but i may be wrong. If you are looking for a good 10' rod at a great price check proanglertackle.com
    Brush Buster

Post Thanks / Like

I've got the 12' Cadillac Combo that are center fed.

Pros: No eyes to break. Can reel the bait up as close to the tip as you need. The wind doesn't affect the line as much as a pole with eyes(this is good when I fish for shellcrackers).

Con: If the line breaks anywhere from the butt to the tip, you have to use a fine wire to re-feed the line, which is kind of a hassle.

All in all, I like the Cadiilac Combo.

Post Thanks / Like

Question Know nothing-

I have never used a center line rod, so have a question.
    Is there any problems with the wet line grabbing inside the rod?? I would think the surface tension from wet line would require one to have extra weight on the line when using light jigs.
    Don't get me wrong, not bashing the rod at all ,just curious. Mike