Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Fish

Post Thanks / Like

Default Big Fish

Well, winter lingers, so I got to thinking. As I was reading Bugman's thread on goals for the year (and a good read it was!) several mentioned the 3 pounder, or a wall mount.

You all may have already had this discussion, but thought it would be interesting to hear about everyone's biggest crappie, what lake and the method of fishing when you caught it. I will begin.

My biggest thus far is a 16" 2 pound white crappie caught out of Lake Greeson Arkansas in 2007 with guide Jerry Blake, dipping Rosey Red Minnows in Bamboo Crappie Condos.
    Mark

Pitching jigs, catching slabs, life is good

Post Thanks / Like

my biggest is 18" 3.16 pounds caught in april of 07 on a spoon (1/8 oz kastmaster silver/blue) in 20foot of water two cranks off the bottom. at harrison county lake in n.w. missouri
    i have also caught 3 crappie over 2 pounds last fall at toronto,ks.
    do ya remember those jeffy?? camp cant get here fast enough!!!

great thread mark
    Supreme Leader of the Missouri Crappie Militia.........

Post Thanks / Like

Mrs JJ biggest so far has been 17" 2 1/2 lb :D caught on Lake Eufaula OK June 24 2007 using pearl and charteuse Yum beavertail while fishing with Todd Huckabee - her picture is on his website .

I haven't caught a wall hanger yet - nothing of the size Sue caught last year - but a lot of nice 14" to 15" slabs:D .

Post Thanks / Like

I aimed to include in the first thread that the MDC gives out a Master Angler Certificate on Black or White Crappie over 15" and over 2 pound. They have to have been caught in state, I think.

You can go to their web site, search for master angler and it will bring up the entry form and the requirements for all species of fish.

Thanks,

Mark
    Mark

Pitching jigs, catching slabs, life is good

Post Thanks / Like

2-14 oz caught in lake enid, ms, 2004.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Baller, GREAT thread Mark! Can't wait to read all the responses.
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about getting out there and fishing in the rain.

Post Thanks / Like

2 biggest so far, came from a unmentioned small CA lake in Northern Mo.
    1- was 19" over 3lbs
    1- was 19 1/4" OVER 3LBS.

I did not weigh them at the time. I released them into a private lake somewhere in the Kearney area....

Now I kinda wished I would have mounted them since the owner sold the land that the fish are in right now! DOHHH!!

I do have pictures though.

We probably caught over 15 Crappie that were all over 16". I wont tell where we caught them so don't ask.... LOL. Lee

Post Thanks / Like

That's not nice, Lee. Hope you enjoy all the good info you get from others on here.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LeeinMo
    2 biggest so far, came from a unmentioned small CA lake in Northern Mo.
    1- was 19" over 3lbs
    1- was 19 1/4" OVER 3LBS.

I did not weigh them at the time. I released them into a private lake somewhere in the Kearney area....

Now I kinda wished I would have mounted them since the owner sold the land that the fish are in right now! DOHHH!!

I do have pictures though.

We probably caught over 15 Crappie that were all over 16". I wont tell where we caught them so don't ask.... LOL. Lee
    whats up lee ??
    Supreme Leader of the Missouri Crappie Militia.........

Post Thanks / Like

Grenada March 2006, 2lb 14oz. I thought about mounting it but couldn't justify the cost. Ended up being supper.
    The one in my right hand was 1lb 14oz.

Needed six more like the one on the left to place top five in the tournament the following day. Thick fish with big shoulders on that lake.

I should have been upset in that pictures as I busted my prop 30 minutes prior without a spare. That forced us to fish around the ramp instead of running up to the two good coves we had found nice fish in.

G.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Kit Papermouth; 02-20-2008 at 12:40 AM.
    Standing in the Gap

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast