Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone heard this one yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Default anyone heard this one yet?

howdy; was talking to a guy at walley-world this past week and he mentioned that the state was going to charge a $5.00 daily fee to fish the state controlled ( parks and such) waters. $25.00 for an annual pass. anyone heard about this? tarfu

dl15 Guest

Default you got it

Quote Originally Posted by tarfu
    howdy; was talking to a guy at walley-world this past week and he mentioned that the state was going to charge a $5.00 daily fee to fish the state controlled ( parks and such) waters. $25.00 for an annual pass. anyone heard about this? tarfu
    thats what i heard as well.was out yesterday at state park didnt see anything yet on how or what you have to do???????

Brian Guest

i heard the same news, some were talking it was going to happen this May

Post Thanks / Like

Default This has been in the news since thef irst of the year

A one year pass will cost $25.00. It starts in May. If you want a one day pass, it's $5.00. As I understand it, th epass is good for all state parks. There's no addition ramp fee as there is in Indiana.

We're in favor of it for several reasons:

43 states charge park fees so that parks can be maintained. Ohio's state parks are in a shambles, especially the older ones like Hueston Woods.

The general assembly keeps gutting programs, so there has to be a means of financially supporting the parks.

It's better than chaining them shut like John Gilligan ( A Dem for those of you too young to remember that) did in the 1970's.

$25.00 isn't going to bankrupt anyone. I find some of the arguments to that effect a little disengenuous when the people complaining the loudest spend $30 for a carton of cigarettes, drive gas hogs or pull up to our decaying boat ramps in $20,000 bass rigs.

The GOP has had a one party dictatorship in this state for 18 years and they are running us into the ground. So much for the Republican tradition of fiscal responsibility. - Roberta
    Last edited by Roberta; 03-28-2005 at 07:44 AM.
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Post Thanks / Like

If you haven't heard yet or not they dropped this idea for now. Something else might come up but they decided that there was enough resistance both in the public and the House of Representatives that this wasn't a good idea.
    fishintiger

Look for me on Ohio Game Fishing I'm fishintiger there too.

Still searching for that 20 inch crappie.

ajlomax Guest

A $5 daily or seasonal $25 won't make or break me, but this is just another hidden tax. If they need to get more money for the parks, charge the people who go to picnic, hike, or have parties, not the people already paying into the state coffers for licenses, baits, ammo, whatever.

mmathers13 Guest

This is going to be for parking at the parks, both State and Metro parks. I think it's a great idea. Any extra money for the park sytems is great. Maybe it will keep away the people that trash the parks and just keep the people who treat the park sytems with respect.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tarfu

I had heard that a couple months ago , however , recently heard that it was shot down...I do not think it will happen , at least not this year

Post Thanks / Like

REPUBLICAN TRADITION OF FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY????? Thats the funniest damn thing I have ever heard. Reagan= Deficit, Bush I= Deficit, Bush II, surplus to a record deficit.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm talking about historically, not the wild swing that has taken place since the election of Reagan, who started this multi-trillion dollar deficit. I've found it rather odd that the GOP still uses that old line of "tax and spend Democrats" while they borrow and spend us into bancruptcy.
    Anyway, prior to that time, the GOP generally kept a pretty tight grip on spending, no matter how many people might be harmed by their stinginess. (I'm not a fan).
    Here in Ohio. the GOP usually kept a more balanced budget, but now that there are almost no Dems left to keep them honest, the state's in a budgetary crisis. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast