Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slow speed twister tail.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Slow speed twister tail.

Was looking for any information you all might have about what twister tail type grubs will work(have tail action) at slow trolling speeds. I have all the equipment bought for spider rigging and thought slow trolling an active twister tail over staged pre-spawn fish would be killer. I'm guessing it would be one of the tripple ripple type tails, but wonder about the Tassel tail by Culprit. Anyway, thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge. Charlie

Post Thanks / Like

I like Panfish Assassins' curly tail. Good action even at slow speeds But sometimes the body is too bulky for smaller hooks, so I'm thinking about trying some other brands this year. Great question. I'll look forward to seeing what answers come up.
    Last edited by DC Crappie Kid; 02-18-2008 at 05:19 PM.
    Jeremiah 16:16a "But now I will send for many fishermen," declares the Lord, "and they will catch them."

Post Thanks / Like

I used to have the best luck trolling Mister Twisters , but they are hard to find these days . Berkley power grubs have a supple tail action that works well in cold water for me .

Post Thanks / Like

I use Kalin's Triple Threat grubs or Southern Pro Hot Grubs both in the 2-inch size.
    Likes skeetbum LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

southern pro hot grubs or charlie brewer's slider

Post Thanks / Like

I love the action of Charlie Brewer Slider jigs and you can't move them slow enough to keep the paddletail from going side to side. Crappie eat them up!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caseydrew View Post
    I love the action of Charlie Brewer Slider jigs and you can't move them slow enough to keep the paddletail from going side to side. Crappie eat them up!
    I have some Sliders, but that has not been my experience so far.
    Jeremiah 16:16a "But now I will send for many fishermen," declares the Lord, "and they will catch them."

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Kalin's Scrub

TRY THE NEW KALIN'S SCRUB DOUBLE PADDLE TAIL.

MONKhttp://MONKSCRAPPIE.COM
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DC Crappie Kid View Post
    I like Panfish Assassins' curly tail. Good action even at slow speeds But sometimes the body is too bulky for smaller hooks, so I'm thinking about trying some other brands this year. Great question. I'll look forward to seeing what answers come up.
    I too like the Panfish Assassin curly tails best of those I have used so far. The bulky bodies are why I like a big hook jig. The only other bad thing about them is finding them locally and not too many colors. Thats why I have some Sanford Sharpies in my boat.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Default Slow speed twister tails

Quote Originally Posted by center12 View Post
    Was looking for any information you all might have about what twister tail type grubs will work(have tail action) at slow trolling speeds. I have all the equipment bought for spider rigging and thought slow trolling an active twister tail over staged pre-spawn fish would be killer. I'm guessing it would be one of the tripple ripple type tails, but wonder about the Tassel tail by Culprit. Anyway, thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge. Charlie
    Of all the twister tails, or the other curl tails the Kalin's curl tails are the
    best for slow speed in my opinion.
    Billy Deuce

Fried Crappie.... "The real thing".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast