Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: July 10/11 Report....

Post Thanks / Like

Default July 10/11 Report....

Fished both days, Sat. a.m. couldn't use my regular boat, so I took my small duck hunting canoe and tried casting curly tails. Couldn't go much with the casting, so I tried "trolling" by paddling along and dragging the curly tails behind. Got plenty of strikes, but since I couldnt hold the rod, had trouble hooking them. Only caught four, but they all were over 12" (the two largest were about 13.75"). Got back out Sunday a.m. with the regular rig for some trolling. They only bit till the sun got about to the tree tops, but we had 16 when we quit a 7:00a.m., smallest was 11", with most over 12" and four over 13". All in all not too bad, not a bunch of fish, but all pretty good quality size wise for the lake. It is a "dirty" (stained) lake, we were trolling 1/16 oz. leadheads, myself with a Galyan's pearl'blue with sparkle tail grub, my buddy with me on sunday was using pink/white berkley power nymphs. We trolled pretty slow, but I think the jigs were running pretty high, the active fish seemed to be outside the weeded breakline, 13'-16' deep water, fish suspended 3-5' down.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished Otter Pit last Sunday Yesterday and caugth some that graphed at 10 to 5ft below the surface. I too trolled very slow. Al the ones that I caught were small and I turned them all back into the lake at the boat ramp. They were caught in 17ft of water near a drop off and there is some brush piles or some kind of something right on the drop. Squirmin Squirts White Lightning 1.5" long on 1/16oz lead head jigs (Plain minnon head type). I attached the jigs to the line using a palmar knot. I made some homemade brush guards on my jigs and was testing to see if they would still catch fish. They worked great.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy-Travis
    Fished both days, Sat. a.m. couldn't use my regular boat, so I took my small duck hunting canoe and tried casting curly tails. Couldn't go much with the casting, so I tried "trolling" by paddling along and dragging the curly tails behind. Got plenty of strikes, but since I couldnt hold the rod, had trouble hooking them. Only caught four, but they all were over 12" (the two largest were about 13.75"). Got back out Sunday a.m. with the regular rig for some trolling. They only bit till the sun got about to the tree tops, but we had 16 when we quit a 7:00a.m., smallest was 11", with most over 12" and four over 13". All in all not too bad, not a bunch of fish, but all pretty good quality size wise for the lake. It is a "dirty" (stained) lake, we were trolling 1/16 oz. leadheads, myself with a Galyan's pearl'blue with sparkle tail grub, my buddy with me on sunday was using pink/white berkley power nymphs. We trolled pretty slow, but I think the jigs were running pretty high, the active fish seemed to be outside the weeded breakline, 13'-16' deep water, fish suspended 3-5' down.
    Regards,

Moose1am