Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New Charlie Bees ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Charlie Bees ?

Anybody tried them yet ? I just bought some . I might have to put a drop of superglue on the jig bodies though ,as they tend to bunch up on the jighead without a keeper to hold them in place .
    http://www.eburch.biz/charlie_brewer_crappie_lures.htm

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I recently bought some weedless charlie bee's. Hopefully I'll get to try them soon. Usually use roadrunners with some success, after reading about charlie brewer slider fishing I thought I would try some.

Post Thanks / Like

I think they have been around for a few years, but I have never tried them. What I have done is use sliders on roadrunners and they make an awesome combo. I would assume the bee would work as well. I believe the bee is a smaller tail than the regular one, but I'm not sure. The smaller size may be an advantage for early season crappies that want smaller baits, as opposed to the road runner slider combo which is pretty large. I caught a lot of nice smallies on a RR/slider black/black/chart tail combo.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

They are a little smaller than the Slider grubs . They use the standard jighead without a keeper .
    I thought the blade would add a little flash in the early season muddy water conditions where I fish . I'm anxious to try them out .

Post Thanks / Like

Used one this week end on the bottom of my double hook rig (capps and Colman Rig). Red head with the pearl body. I caught several on it while trolling slowly over deep (18') drop offs.
    Brush Buster

Post Thanks / Like

I bought some last year they are as good as a beetle spin. Did have small brim bite off the tail.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Beetle spins. I buy the blades and roll my own. I guess I am just old and out of style.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole View Post
    I like Beetle spins. I buy the blades and roll my own. I guess I am just old and out of style.
    I been buying those safety-pin spinners and hooking them up to jig heads with beetle-spin bodies (hacked-up plastic worms) or twist-tail grubs for years. Must be I'm old and out of style too

Post Thanks / Like

KY were you find the weedless ones?

use the charlie b's alot
    Reel foot yankee