Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Ridex

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ridex

Anybody use this stuff in their septic tanks? I had my tank emptied last week and now it looks like its full again. Gotta get them back out here to pump the distribution box now. Sure hope thats all it is like the last time I had to have it done.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you've got serious issues with the leech field. Roots etc may have bound it all up. There are products you can buy to help kill off growth that has intruded, but it is seldom enough but might buy you some time...
    I have a friend with a Mobile Home park and he recommended these products...http://www.septicsolutions.net/store...rootkiller.htm
    Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. :rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

The rootkiller is generally copper sulphate. You have to be careful where you put it in your system. It can kill the beneficial bacteria in your main tank.
    We have one of those "high tech" septic systems.
    Translation: More cost to put in, more cost to keep up.
    The guy who pumped ours out said "Never use 2 ply toilet paper." I guess it gets air in between the plies and floats with the grease. Makes like a.........crust.....yummy.
    Do gooder since April 26, 2009!