Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Painting Your Markers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Painting Your Markers

Anybody else paint your markers? I started doing this about 6 years ago when while I was fishing one of my beds, I could hear two guys talking. ( Remember, sound travels very far on water) They where about 60 yards away from me. One asked the other what he thought I was fishing and the other said to him, "I got a line up on his orange marker. We'll go look when he leaves". After I came home that day I got my markers and painted them OD green. This works great. So great that I have left them to go get something from my truck and if it wasn't for my GPS I wouldn't have found them again. I'm sure I'm not the first one to do it but I don't ever find any thats painted. I find markers on our beds all the time that people have forgotten. I always wait till the end of the day and if no one has come to pick them up, I go get'em and move them about 100 yards away. I'm not wanting to start a feud, just putting out the truth. I know we don't own the stuff after we put it in the lake but I'm not going to leave a bed marked for the whole world to find.
    The only way to have a good fishing spot is to make it yourself!

Post Thanks / Like

I've been painting mine for many years and if someone leaves my brushpiles marked and are not in the area, I pick it up and carry it...home.

Black
    Last edited by ERNEST PATY; 02-18-2008 at 10:09 AM.
    Good fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Ernest - What is the best color to paint them so they are not so obvious?
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

I paint my markers black. Had some old krylon spray paint and it works really good. If I get 40 yards away and there is any kind of wind, I can't even see them.

As far as people watching me fish, I always have a rod rigged up with a plastic worm and pick it up and throw it for awhile until the boats pass.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll tell you what I did. I made some markers out of some wine corks. They work great nobody can see them not even when there passing, there small enough that no one notices them I have even left them and went and fished another part of the area and came back found it and started fishing again.
    can't catch'em at home

Post Thanks / Like

I used to use sticks and driftwood, for markers when I wanted to leave them for a while and come back. worked good for me.

Just paint the markers now...brown. We have muddy water year round.

Post Thanks / Like

I ve done the same thing as fingerlickin. I used VERY small corks, TINY ones toed to mono and a small weight. You can drop em without making a bunch of commotion and no one can see them. I gotta strain to see em if I take my eyes off of em.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 02-19-2008 at 08:31 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

clear plastic water bottles half filled with water. Use a one ounce bell sinker tied on with old monofiliament line and tie it to the top of the bottle and it will float bottom up. You can also tie a rubber band to the weight so when you wrap them up put the band around the bottle and you don't have a tangled mess the next time you get ready to use it.

Slabologist
    "Professor of Slabology 101"

Keep your line tight !

Post Thanks / Like

1000 heads are definitely better than one! Good idea

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great ideas guys......and I was going to order me some markers from Cabelas...now I will just use this 20 oz pepsi bottle when I get done.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast