Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6' 6" Rod?

Post Thanks / Like

Default 6' 6" Rod?

Gentlemen,

I'm looking for a high quality 6' 6" crappie rod. I have several great rods some 5', others 10', 11', 12' and such. I love the Pro Angler Rods, B & M Rods and Outlaws. I look forward to getting an Ozark very soon. However does anybody know of a great 6' 6" crappie rod?

Thanks,

Brad
    Can You Find, "LIMITVILLE!!!" :D

Post Thanks / Like

What's your budget? I have some Quantum 6'6" rods that are nice. Bass Pro's Microlights are good as well. My Loomis rods are hard to beat, though.

Cabela's has their Fish Eagle II rods on sale right now for $49. I'd jump on that!

Post Thanks / Like

Gander Mountain carries a beautiful IM8 spinning rod for $50. I got a $20 gift certificate for Christmas and they were 30% off during the holidays. I couldn't resist and got 2 of them for under $70. After using them I feel they are actually better rods than the $110 StCroix's I broke last year and I look forward to giving them a good workout this year. Even at the regular $50 price I highly recommend them. I was going to get new StCroixs, but I'm sure I'll have a hard time spending the money on them at least this next year now with these 2 nice rods to try. I got a 7ft ML and a 7ft UL. I think the ML was $60 retail now that I think about it. I've been doing my homework and I can't find another rod that compares for anywhere near the same price.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

G Loomis, no other blanks compare. They have a 1-4 ld rod and a 2-6 lb rod.
    2008 Buggs Bash Champ! SML Dock Shooting King!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes go Loomis.

Post Thanks / Like

True loomis is great, but from the looks of this other rods I doubt a loomis is what hes looking for.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Berkley Lightin rods are good I like the Med-light in 6'6"I would look at wal-mart or ebay for them

Post Thanks / Like

i agree with the berkley lightin rods: about $30 new,lite and i think the metal eyes in the line guides are more sensitive...KP

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Extreme from bass pro very well....super sensitive

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Berkley Lightning rods as well. They're light action, so you don't rip the lips off, but they're fast action as well, so you can feel the slightest tap right when it happens. I would recommend Silver Thread AN40 co-polymer line or braided line to further enhance the sensitivity.

I just got a Quantum 6'6", and although it's a quality rod, it's a little too flexible for me to feel those light bites.
    Last edited by DC Crappie Kid; 02-18-2008 at 05:36 PM.
    Jeremiah 16:16a "But now I will send for many fishermen," declares the Lord, "and they will catch them."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast