Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lure color for tannin water?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lure color for tannin water?

I figured I'd ask this question here, since you guys got a lot of tea colored water or black water. Its in the South Georgia lakes and ponds here also. I was wondering what are your favorite colors to use for crappie in the black water? What do you think shows the best? The water is clear, but at the same time it throws a different look to the jig your using because of the tea color. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappster
    I figured I'd ask this question here, since you guys got a lot of tea colored water or black water. Its in the South Georgia lakes and ponds here also. I was wondering what are your favorite colors to use for crappie in the black water? What do you think shows the best? The water is clear, but at the same time it throws a different look to the jig your using because of the tea color. Any thoughts? Thanks.
    We have a lot of Cyprus stained water here in SE Virginia and charteus or a mixture with charteus in it seems to be a favorite color.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

IBNFSHN is right...i also like to use yellow or white...and sometimes a red white mix works pretty good where im at....
    :D CRACKER :D

Post Thanks / Like

I like black with chart tail or dark purple with orange tail